A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Car Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Speakers



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 25th 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 664
Default Speakers

I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs

greg
Ads
  #2  
Old June 26th 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default Speakers

How the hell does it work? It reminds me of that strange bass driver
Phoenix Gold produced using 2 "vanes". I love non-standard technology. But
I'm stumped on this one. The price sure is right, though.

MOSFET


"GregS" > wrote in message
...
>I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
> is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
> sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
> is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
> from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.
>
> http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs
>
> greg



  #3  
Old June 27th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default Speakers

I read the Adobe description of that driver and it still gave me no clue
exactly how it works. The closest to any relevant description is that it
has dual motors. But looking at that thing you might think there is 5
seperate drivers, but obviously that's not the case. So A) I am still a
little confused about exactly how it works and B) how exactly is it supposed
to be mounted?

It appears too long to mount it like a regular speaker with one of the cones
outside the baffle and the rest of the transducer inside the enclosure. But
I could be way off.

Again, it's not terribly important, but I'm simply interested in how it
produces bass. It appears NOT to be a stand-alone subwoofer as they
recommend bandpass or bass reflex mounting. BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU
PRECISELY MOUNT IT and what exactly is the principle applied?

Just curious, I'm always facinated by new technology.

Thanks,
MOSFET


"GregS" > wrote in message
...
>I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
> is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
> sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
> is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
> from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.
>
> http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs
>
> greg



  #4  
Old June 29th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 664
Default Speakers

In article > , "MOSFET" > wrote:
>I read the Adobe description of that driver and it still gave me no clue
>exactly how it works. The closest to any relevant description is that it
>has dual motors. But looking at that thing you might think there is 5
>seperate drivers, but obviously that's not the case. So A) I am still a
>little confused about exactly how it works and B) how exactly is it supposed
>to be mounted?
>
>It appears too long to mount it like a regular speaker with one of the cones
>outside the baffle and the rest of the transducer inside the enclosure. But
>I could be way off.
>
>Again, it's not terribly important, but I'm simply interested in how it
>produces bass. It appears NOT to be a stand-alone subwoofer as they
>recommend bandpass or bass reflex mounting. BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU
>PRECISELY MOUNT IT and what exactly is the principle applied?
>
>Just curious, I'm always facinated by new technology.
>
>Thanks,
>MOSFET



I know almost nothing about it. It would be nice for an experimental project.
There might be more info on the web, but I hate to ask Ken Kantor.

greg

>
>"GregS" > wrote in message
...
>>I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
>> is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
>> sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
>> is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
>> from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.
>>
>>

> http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...299-850&ctab=3
>#Tabs
>>
>> greg

>
>

  #5  
Old July 1st 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 143
Default Speakers

Whoa..

I say, for $35 - someone should just buy the thing and report back to
us...

:-)

I'd volunteer, but I'm already on my wife's ****-list for purchasing
computer parts...

~Mister.Lull

On Jun 29, 6:03*am, (GregS) wrote:
> In article > , "MOSFET" > wrote:
> >I read the Adobe description of that driver and it still gave me no clue
> >exactly how it works. *The closest to any relevant description is that it
> >has dual motors. *But looking at that thing you might think there is 5
> >seperate drivers, but obviously that's not the case. *So A) I am still a
> >little confused about exactly how it works and B) how exactly is it supposed
> >to be mounted?

>
> >It appears too long to mount it like a regular speaker with one of the cones
> >outside the baffle and the rest of the transducer inside the enclosure. *But
> >I could be way off.

>
> >Again, it's not terribly important, but I'm simply interested in how it
> >produces bass. *It appears NOT to be a stand-alone subwoofer as they
> >recommend bandpass or bass reflex mounting. *BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU
> >PRECISELY MOUNT IT and what exactly is the principle applied?

>
> >Just curious, I'm always facinated by new technology.

>
> >Thanks,
> >MOSFET

>
> I know almost nothing about it. It would be nice for an experimental project.
> There might be more info on the web, but I hate to ask Ken Kantor.
>
> greg
>
>
>
>
>
> >"GregS" > wrote in message
> ...
> >>I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
> >> is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
> >> sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
> >> is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
> >> from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

>
> >http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...rtnumber=299-8...
> >#Tabs

>
> >> greg- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA: Speakers Galore! Raw drivers to a speaker kit to bookshelf speakers... ENDS Sunday! DJ[_3_] Marketplace 0 November 29th 08 01:42 AM
Genius SW-5.1 speakers (Deluxe/the wooden ones) & other speakers for a budget computer 5.1 or higher system [email protected] General 2 July 6th 05 03:46 AM
what the hell is 2 ohm stable running parallel on 4ohm speakers so the amp "sees" 2 ohm speakers, the speakers still get half the power they would if it were 4 ohm stable Spockie Car Audio 3 May 8th 04 12:32 AM
Dash Speakers/Front Door Speakers for 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer smf Car Audio 6 January 16th 04 07:26 PM
Hey there, thoughts on Impala speakers, I want a warm sound, spoiled by home speakers..... ReEfEr MaDnEsS Car Audio 0 December 30th 03 04:45 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.