Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] david.js.campbell@gmail.com is offline

Default the rustbucket theory

I think that car audio systems are fine, but when you see someone with
a rustbucket or a POS driving around with a sound system 10x more
expensive then the price of the car, you begin to wonder. I think
that people should invest in a good working, clean car before they
spend a few thousand on a good sound system

just a thought
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Now this is the kind of post I like. A good honest opnion about the best
way to prioritize one's needs, and where car audio should fit into this
prioritization.

And do you know why I like this post so much? Because it opens up debate,
which is fun and partly what this group is about. I love debate (NOT flame
wars mind you, civilized debate). And posts like these are exactly what I
would love to see more of, so kudos to you, David.

OK, now that I've praised your assertion, I suppose I will respond to it. I
cetainly agree that a vehicle be safe, legal, and well running first and
foremost. I don't think anybody would dispute that.

BUT, after having met that basic criteria, I suppose it comes down to an
owner's prioritise. You don't drive your car outside your vehicle, you
drive from within so making it as comfortable as possible is certainly an
owner's perogative, and if that means a huge system, well..........so be it.

Sure, it may look like a POS but if it runs well and is legal, who really
cares what else they do to their car. I have known many people who's system
cost them more than the car, sometimes MUCH more! Heck, I've owned a few!

So I guess I fall on the side of really not caring if it's a POS with a huge
system, with the one caveat that it runs well and is legal (insurance, all
lights work, etc.). It's a free country, brother (said in the very cool
raspy voice of Jon Voight from the movie "Heat").

MOSFET

wrote in message
I think that car audio systems are fine, but when you see someone with
a rustbucket or a POS driving around with a sound system 10x more
expensive then the price of the car, you begin to wonder. I think
that people should invest in a good working, clean car before they
spend a few thousand on a good sound system

just a thought

Posted to rec.audio.car
Aksel Aksel is offline

skrev i meddelelsen
I think that car audio systems are fine, but when you see someone with
a rustbucket or a POS driving around with a sound system 10x more
expensive then the price of the car, you begin to wonder. I think
that people should invest in a good working, clean car before they
spend a few thousand on a good sound system

just a thought

If you buy a high power amplifier you cant hear the hole in the exaust.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

If you buy a high power amplifier you cant hear the hole in the exaust.
I think your being tongue in cheek.....

But as I stated in my post, if you have a huge hole in your muffler, THAT
SHOULD BE FIXED FIRST, IMHO.

I DO NOT believe a powerful system should be employed to mask problems with
the car. Again, I am fairly certain you're just being humorous, but if you
are being serious, I do believe the muffler should be fixed first, THEN
worry about the car audio.

My $.02,

MOSFET