Serge Stodolnik

Default ??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

I have been experimenting with electret condenser
capsules placed inside on the acoustic guitar for
some time. Generic types.
Anybody knows where to get higher end capsules?
What is available?

--
Serge Stodolnik.
Production Music for Film/advertisement/production libraries/multimedia/web

Arny Krueger

"Serge Stodolnik" wrote in message

??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

I have been experimenting with electret condenser
capsules placed inside on the acoustic guitar for
some time. Generic types.

Anybody knows where to get higher end capsules?

Higher end than what?

If you are saying higher end than Panasonic, please see:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/EU042/0767-0768.pdf

Under Knowles Acoustics.

Bob Cain

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Serge Stodolnik" wrote in message

??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

I have been experimenting with electret condenser
capsules placed inside on the acoustic guitar for
some time. Generic types.

Anybody knows where to get higher end capsules?

Higher end than what?

If you are saying higher end than Panasonic, please see:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/EU042/0767-0768.pdf

Under Knowles Acoustics.

Except for the ones at the bottom of that page, all are for
ITE and BTE hearing aids and in general may not have the HF
response needed for audio recording. There is no
information I've seen to think that the electrets at the
bottom are any better than the Panasonics.

OTOH, the much more expensive FG series are getting
outstanding reviews from those who have been experimenting
with them. If you intend to play with them, by all means
spring for the leaded ones. Attaching three leads to those
little .1" O.D. capsules is beyond being a bitch. It almost
requires a Waldo.

A highly skilled tech friend of mine fried three of them in
getting two wired for me. I'm using them for in-ear
measurement of headphone and room/monitor response in a way
that their noise doesn't matter and any deviations from flat
cancel so I can't personally attest to their recording quality.

http://www.knowleselectronics.com/pr...ECHNOLOGY_ID=2

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Scott Dorsey

Serge Stodolnik wrote:
??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

I have been experimenting with electret condenser
capsules placed inside on the acoustic guitar for
some time. Generic types.
Anybody knows where to get higher end capsules?
What is available?

Panasonic used to make some okay omnis, that were a lot better than the
usual Chinese production, and you used to be able to get them from Digi-Key.
I don't see Digi-Key carrying any of the larger ones any more, though, and
I don't see them carrying any of the three-terminal types. I think you can
get a couple three-terminal types from Knowles.

Beyond that, Sennheiser used to make a couple of capsules for hearing aid
applications that used to be available as bare capsule in Europe, but I
don't think you can get them from the US distributor.

And, of course, there are the DPA electrets, which are available as lav
mikes, and might be just what you want.

Some Recording Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 19 February 16th 05 08:54 PM
Old Recording Made with Electret Condenser Mics Sounds Nearly as Good as State of Art Current Digital Recordings?!! Mark & Mary Ann Weiss Pro Audio 32 February 15th 05 01:42 AM
Large capsule condenser Vland Pro Audio 3 January 21st 05 09:20 AM
condenser mic capsule impedance and tube circuitry xy Pro Audio 21 October 8th 03 07:20 AM
FS: AKG C-501E / C-502E Electret Condenser Microphones, 3 Extra Capsules Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 August 3rd 03 03:21 AM