hefalump

Default from the series "what mixer" for studio/live

Hello everyone.
After a few hours (or even more) of reading, asking, trying
and all that stuff i decided that i (think i) know what i want
but not exactly know how will be this new "what" named.

I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT with 8/8 analog in/out and i want
to buy a mixer that will allow me:
- recording in studio (all tracks at ones, track after track and so on)
- using it as a console on little gigs
- smell the well spent money

I have readed more than i thought there is written in this whole internet
so my eyes were magnified by a few of the models :
I think the best for me will be : Mackie Onyx 1620 (1640 is too expensive : )
Other possibilities :
- Yamaha MG 24/14 FX (but its HUUUUGE ... and thats good and not good)
- Soundcraft Spirit SX (or M8 ? or what ?)
- Phonic MR2443 (but i heard bout some construction problems with led and
"ghost" sound in the monitor/headphone section)
- Behringer DDX3224 (but this one doesnt have Direct outs - only inserts ... Some
friend of mine said a few good things bout it, and it costs now 600 ? witch is a low
price for a mixer with that many options...Of course 600? for my friend not for a mixer)
( )
From wich i have tested today (oh - 20 minutes with one microphone and headphones
-i should write a book bout that mixer ... ) only Yamaha 24/14 FX in a local
store. Tomorrow i will go for some comparison one2one : yamaha and soundcraft M8
Rest of it i can only buy in some polish or german internet stores (forgot to say-
im from PL ).

I have worked and im working still with a live gigs, and im not absolutly
sure what will i need in the multitrack studio recordings.
Maybe when choosing Onyx changing a Delta to a FW extension card for that Mackie would
be a good choise ? And then buying some Audiophile or smth for simple
mixing on my PC. For now i dont have any studio effects and i think i will
mix and edit everything on my PC with software.
Dont know what add more

Thanks in advance for any answers

PS: Sorry me crappy english.

--