Chris Coleman

Default Gear next to Furman power conditioner?

(sorry for the double-post, but this one's got another question at the
bottom...)

So, I'm about to max out on available rack space and I'm wondering if
there's a problem with racking gear directly under my Furman power
conditioner (I have a single rackspace panel separating it and the
closest gear right now).

Just for convenience-sake (since I never have to adjust it), the piece
that would end up right under the Furman is my Benchmark DAC1. I keep
all my preamps, compressors, and EQ's lower in the rack for easier
access from the mix position.

I can either leave everything as is and move the DAC1 under the Furman
to make way for the new gear, OR I can put a portable rack on top of
my furniture rack, to house the Furman to separate it from everything
else...but if there's no real harm in putting anything right under the
Furman, I'd rather not wreck my back rewiring the rear of the rack.

Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris Coleman

bonus question: what's the lifespan of a Furman power conditioner?
Mine's gotta be around 7 or 8 years old at least - is it still doing
its job efficiently? Seems like it is, but what do I know...