Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Warning for the Austin crowd

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

Peter Bjorn and John?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcaQ3qJ88U

The music's not much but that guy has outstanding hair.

Somehow I'm getting listings for the Imogene Heap show the following
Wednesday. I was trying to remember her name a while back. You know, the
solo chick with the electronics? Priscilla Ahn? k.t. Tunstall? No,
keyboard, not guitar. Regina Spektor?

I might actually be in that neighborhood Sunday.

Yikes! Regina Spektor is at Stubb's tomorrow.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

Peter Bjorn and John?
The music's not much but that guy has outstanding hair.

There's another band on the bill that should be even more soporific. Between
them, it's a real downer.

Somehow I'm getting listings for the Imogene Heap show the following
Wednesday. I was trying to remember her name a while back. You know, the
solo chick with the electronics? Priscilla Ahn? k.t. Tunstall? No,
keyboard, not guitar. Regina Spektor?

I might actually be in that neighborhood Sunday.

Yikes! Regina Spektor is at Stubb's tomorrow.

You scare easily.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 10, 3:38*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.

Those bands are not on the Musical Sominex List.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily.
So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

Peter Bjorn and John?
The music's not much but that guy has outstanding hair.

There's another band on the bill that should be even more soporific. Between
them, it's a real downer.

Somehow I'm getting listings for the Imogene Heap show the following
Wednesday. I was trying to remember her name a while back. You know, the
solo chick with the electronics? Priscilla Ahn? k.t. Tunstall? No,
keyboard, not guitar. Regina Spektor?

I might actually be in that neighborhood Sunday.

Yikes! Regina Spektor is at Stubb's tomorrow.

You scare easily.

Russian pianists. Scary.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 10, 8:47*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Boon said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid..

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.

Those bands are not on the Musical Sominex List.

Well, I gotta tell you about Mazda Miata 2012. Six guys performing
with their backs to the audience. A 130 dB wall of sound without shape
or form that lasted twenty minutes. The entire club emptied out into
the street within two minutes. The owner of the club refused to kick
them off the stage and let them play their entire set to an empty
room.

That was my first Austin musical experience. I guess I was expecting
Lucinda Williams or Guy Clark.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:
Boon said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep
involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.

Those bands are not on the Musical Sominex List.

Well, I gotta tell you about Mazda Miata 2012. Six guys performing
with their backs to the audience. A 130 dB wall of sound without shape
or form that lasted twenty minutes. The entire club emptied out into
the street within two minutes. The owner of the club refused to kick
them off the stage and let them play their entire set to an empty
room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz. Former Gingerman location.

That was my first Austin musical experience. I guess I was expecting
Lucinda Williams or Guy Clark.

Continental Club or Saxon Club for old Austin singer/songwriters, but
I'm sure you're catching on to these.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.

Those bands are not on the Musical Sominex List.

Well, I gotta tell you about Mazda Miata 2012. Six guys performing
with their backs to the audience. A 130 dB wall of sound without shape
or form that lasted twenty minutes. The entire club emptied out into
the street within two minutes. The owner of the club refused to kick
them off the stage and let them play their entire set to an empty
room.

I notice you didn't give us a link to the review you wrote.

That was my first Austin musical experience. I guess I was expecting
Lucinda Williams or Guy Clark.

Every new wave has to start somewhere, sometime.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind? Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Ladies and gentlemen, Flipper!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbE7Ry6pPs&feature=fvw

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 10:30*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Boon said:

[...]

I'm using a woman who has lived her for 12 years as a guide, but she
keeps getting us into trouble.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 2:40*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Boon said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

I saw the Revolting Cocks last weekend. Next week it's Buttercup. So
far I'm managing to have fun.

Those bands are not on the Musical Sominex List.

Well, I gotta tell you about Mazda Miata 2012. Six guys performing
with their backs to the audience. A 130 dB wall of sound without shape
or form that lasted twenty minutes. The entire club emptied out into
the street within two minutes. The owner of the club refused to kick
them off the stage and let them play their entire set to an empty
room.

I notice you didn't give us a link to the review you wrote.

The paragraph above was all they deserve.

That was my first Austin musical experience. I guess I was expecting
Lucinda Williams or Guy Clark.

Every new wave has to start somewhere, sometime.

I kept thinking I was the old guy who didn't get the music the kiddies
are listening to, but the disdain was universal.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 3:00*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind? Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Ladies and gentlemen, Flipper!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbE7Ry6pPs&feature=fvw

That sounds like the Partridge Family next to Mazda Miata 2012.

I actually like shoe-gaze. I've always enjoyed Lush, My Bloody
Valentine and Serena-Maneesh. This was something else. This was
oppressive and painful and pointless.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

I'm using a woman who has lived her for 12 years as a guide, but she
keeps getting us into trouble.

I hope you're having fun! The venues are constantly changing, pretty
much all the sound systems suck and the hip crowd is extremely fickle.

OTOH, there's cool stuff happening all the time, like seeing DJ Spooky
before midnight in a restored old auditorium at UT.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind? Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Ladies and gentlemen, Flipper!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbE7Ry6pPs&feature=fvw

That sounds like the Partridge Family next to Mazda Miata 2012.

I actually like shoe-gaze. I've always enjoyed Lush, My Bloody
Valentine and Serena-Maneesh. This was something else. This was
oppressive and painful and pointless.

The name and an Austin blog post suggest a one-off project, but maybe
someone's following their muse.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind?

Maybe you're relying on the little-known meaning of "pandering" -- the one
that means "annoying".

Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Hmmm... Germans, Brits, and New York punk rockers? Just guessing.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 3:46*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
I'm using a woman who has lived her for 12 years as a guide, but she
keeps getting us into trouble.

I hope you're having fun! The venues are constantly changing, pretty
much all the sound systems suck and the hip crowd is extremely fickle.

I've noticed that about the sound systems. Everything is way too loud.
Portland had quite a few venues that had the right balance.

OTOH, there's cool stuff happening all the time, like seeing DJ Spooky
before midnight in a restored old auditorium at UT.

I'd love to see Spooky like that. I'm supposed to interview him but
he's hard to pin down.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 3:53*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind? Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Ladies and gentlemen, Flipper!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbE7Ry6pPs&feature=fvw

That sounds like the Partridge Family next to Mazda Miata 2012.

I actually like shoe-gaze. I've always enjoyed Lush, My Bloody
Valentine and Serena-Maneesh. This was something else. This was
oppressive and painful and pointless.

The name and an Austin blog post suggest a one-off project, but maybe
someone's following their muse.

I tried to do a little research on them afterward, nothing came up.
According to the Ghost Room, they were a last minute replacement. They
might be newly formed.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind?

Maybe you're relying on the little-known meaning of "pandering" -- the one
that means "annoying".

That would be ironic.

Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Hmmm... Germans, Brits, and New York punk rockers? Just guessing.

Now that I think of it, Futurists and dadaists for noise. Miles Davis
didn't always face the audience. Shoe-gazing probably goes back the
first timid squeeks from singer-songwriters throwing off the folkie
value of entertaining the audience.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
I'm using a woman who has lived her for 12 years as a guide, but she
keeps getting us into trouble.

I hope you're having fun! The venues are constantly changing, pretty
much all the sound systems suck and the hip crowd is extremely fickle.

I've noticed that about the sound systems. Everything is way too loud.
Portland had quite a few venues that had the right balance.

JA devoted part of a column to horrid sound at the Continental Club.
There's no reason for the Threadgill's outdoor stage to be amped up to
festival levels, especially because the acts are often performing
acoustic. OTOH, sound level ordinances can be too strict with music
required to be quieter than the ambient sound level present in the venue.

OTOH, there's cool stuff happening all the time, like seeing DJ Spooky
before midnight in a restored old auditorium at UT.

I'd love to see Spooky like that. I'm supposed to interview him but
he's hard to pin down.

He's at UT's Hogg Auditorium soon. You don't suppose his name is like
the "Grey Ghost"?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind?

Maybe you're relying on the little-known meaning of "pandering" -- the one
that means "annoying".

That would be ironic.

My brain hurts.

Oh wait -- now I get you. You were implying that the noisemakers were
eschewing the conventions of showbiz as part of their nonconformist idiom.
Next time, please include a smarmy winky so the less hip among us will be
able to grasp your shadings of nuance. TIA.

Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Hmmm... Germans, Brits, and New York punk rockers? Just guessing.

Now that I think of it, Futurists and dadaists for noise. Miles Davis
didn't always face the audience. Shoe-gazing probably goes back the
first timid squeeks from singer-songwriters throwing off the folkie
value of entertaining the audience.

Going back to the '50s and '60s, some folkies occasionally turned away when
performing a lamentation. (I saw this myself.) AFAIK, the term "shoe-gazing"
was coined in the '70s to describe the stage mien adopted by a flurry of
British bands.

What are examples of musicians who are futurists and dadaists? My limited
experience categorizes the former as writers and the latter as painters.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

The entire club emptied out into the street within two minutes.
The owner of the club refused to kick them off the stage
and let them play their entire set to an empty room.

Pandering to an audience is so show biz.

Is that "Texas irony"?

There's a special kind?

Maybe you're relying on the little-known meaning of "pandering" -- the one
that means "annoying".

That would be ironic.

My brain hurts.

Oh wait -- now I get you. You were implying that the noisemakers were
eschewing the conventions of showbiz as part of their nonconformist idiom.
Next time, please include a smarmy winky so the less hip among us will be
able to grasp your shadings of nuance. TIA.

;-). Uggh. Now I feel so dirty.

Nah, Texans didn't invent back-turning,
shoe-gazing or even audience-abusing noise.

Hmmm... Germans, Brits, and New York punk rockers? Just guessing.

Now that I think of it, Futurists and dadaists for noise. Miles Davis
didn't always face the audience. Shoe-gazing probably goes back the
first timid squeeks from singer-songwriters throwing off the folkie
value of entertaining the audience.

Going back to the '50s and '60s, some folkies occasionally turned away when
performing a lamentation. (I saw this myself.) AFAIK, the term "shoe-gazing"
was coined in the '70s to describe the stage mien adopted by a flurry of
British bands.

I shouldn't be surprised that there's a wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazing

It seems correct as far as it goes, but I'm sure I heard the term before
the late eighties time frame.

What are examples of musicians who are futurists and dadaists? My limited
experience categorizes the former as writers and the latter as painters.

In a 1913 futurist manifesto called The Art of Noise Luigi Russolo
espoused noise making machines to replace music.

Varese: works such as Ionisation and Ameriques.

Antheil's Ballet Mecanique.

http://www.antheil.org/film.html

"Antheil's musical masterpiece Ballet mecanique was originally supposed
to be a soundtrack to a film of the same name by the French Dadaist
painter Fernand Leger and cinematographer Dudley Murphy."

Many French composers had dadaist inspirations: Satie's titles; surreal
ballets like Milhaud's Le boeuf sur le toit or even Debussy's Jeux.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Going back to the '50s and '60s, some folkies occasionally turned away when
performing a lamentation. (I saw this myself.) AFAIK, the term "shoe-gazing"
was coined in the '70s to describe the stage mien adopted by a flurry of
British bands.

I shouldn't be surprised that there's a wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazing
It seems correct as far as it goes, but I'm sure I heard the term before
the late eighties time frame.

I've always heard the term dated from the '70s. How old are you, anyway?

What are examples of musicians who are futurists and dadaists? My limited
experience categorizes the former as writers and the latter as painters.

In a 1913 futurist manifesto called The Art of Noise Luigi Russolo
espoused noise making machines to replace music.

That sounds vaguely Stalinist.

Varese: works such as Ionisation and Ameriques.
Antheil's Ballet Mecanique.
http://www.antheil.org/film.html
"Antheil's musical masterpiece Ballet mecanique was originally supposed
to be a soundtrack to a film of the same name by the French Dadaist
painter Fernand Leger and cinematographer Dudley Murphy."

Would you call that a stretch to establish a common footing in dadaism?

Anyway, the dada ground in audio has been infested by the 'borgs.

Many French composers had dadaist inspirations: Satie's titles; surreal
ballets like Milhaud's Le boeuf sur le toit or even Debussy's Jeux.

The Bull on the Roof? I'll bet that's a philharmonic treat. But it definitely
sounds dadaist.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Going back to the '50s and '60s, some folkies occasionally turned away
when
performing a lamentation. (I saw this myself.) AFAIK, the term
"shoe-gazing"
was coined in the '70s to describe the stage mien adopted by a flurry of
British bands.

I shouldn't be surprised that there's a wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazing
It seems correct as far as it goes, but I'm sure I heard the term before
the late eighties time frame.

I've always heard the term dated from the '70s. How old are you, anyway?

I remember the seventies.

What are examples of musicians who are futurists and dadaists? My limited
experience categorizes the former as writers and the latter as painters.

In a 1913 futurist manifesto called The Art of Noise Luigi Russolo
espoused noise making machines to replace music.

That sounds vaguely Stalinist.

Stalin liked a good tune.

Varese: works such as Ionisation and Ameriques.
Antheil's Ballet Mecanique.
http://www.antheil.org/film.html
"Antheil's musical masterpiece Ballet mecanique was originally supposed
to be a soundtrack to a film of the same name by the French Dadaist
painter Fernand Leger and cinematographer Dudley Murphy."

Would you call that a stretch to establish a common footing in dadaism?

Music with airplane propellers, sirens and player pianos composed with
no reference to the film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SgsqmQJAq0

No, not a stretch.

Anyway, the dada ground in audio has been infested by the 'borgs.

Many French composers had dadaist inspirations: Satie's titles; surreal
ballets like Milhaud's Le boeuf sur le toit or even Debussy's Jeux.

The Bull on the Roof? I'll bet that's a philharmonic treat. But it definitely
sounds dadaist.

It's jazzy, with Brazilian influences: samba rhythms, pop tunes, etc.
Unusual for 1920 classical music.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

This quote appeared on my Facebook page today:

"Duudddee, ma friend Brandon and I got our pic taken with Peter, Bjorn,
and John! They put on SUCH an awesome show, and they were WAY cool guys!"

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily. So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

This quote appeared on my Facebook page today:

"Duudddee, ma friend Brandon and I got our pic taken with Peter, Bjorn,
and John! They put on SUCH an awesome show, and they were WAY cool guys!"

As usual, your point escapes me. However, my original warning had to do with
the other band on the bill. "Drunken Dog" or something (the name is spanish).

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily.
So
stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

This quote appeared on my Facebook page today:

"Duudddee, ma friend Brandon and I got our pic taken with Peter, Bjorn,
and John! They put on SUCH an awesome show, and they were WAY cool guys!"

As usual, your point escapes me. However, my original warning had to do with
the other band on the bill. "Drunken Dog" or something (the name is spanish).

Thinking you were referring to the headliners I was amused my Facebook
friend was so impressed by a band I'd been warned against
("trance-inducing" said the avclub.com/austin).

"El Perro Del Mar is the project of another Swede, Sarah Assbring..."
say what? With a name like that, who needs a band name?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

If you go to La Zona Rosa this Sunday, you'll fall asleep involuntarily.
So stay away unless there's someplace or somebody else you want to avoid.

This quote appeared on my Facebook page today:
"Duudddee, ma friend Brandon and I got our pic taken with Peter, Bjorn,
and John! They put on SUCH an awesome show, and they were WAY cool guys!"

As usual, your point escapes me. However, my original warning had to do with
the other band on the bill. "Drunken Dog" or something (the name is spanish).

Thinking you were referring to the headliners I was amused my Facebook
friend was so impressed by a band I'd been warned against
("trance-inducing" said the avclub.com/austin).

I agree with that reviewer about PBJ, at least based on the few songs I've
heard. Is there a genre called "icky pop"?

Good to see you can reach out to today's youth through your love of music, no
matter how challenged they might be in other areas of life.

"El Perro Del Mar is the project of another Swede, Sarah Assbring..."
say what? With a name like that, who needs a band name?

I tried three times to write a smart-ass reply to your comment, and I was
interrupted all three times (doorbell, kitchen timer, and phone call). So I'm
going to take that as a sign I should button it, and simply applaud your
observation. clap clap clap

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

[...]

Should be: Franz Ferdinand could be included IMO.

Good to see you can reach out to today's youth through your love of music, no
matter how challenged they might be in other areas of life.

This cracks me up greatly for reasons I can't share.

"El Perro Del Mar is the project of another Swede, Sarah Assbring..."
say what? With a name like that, who needs a band name?

I tried three times to write a smart-ass reply to your comment, and I was
interrupted all three times (doorbell, kitchen timer, and phone call). So I'm
going to take that as a sign I should button it, and simply applaud your
observation. clap clap clap

Thanks! Another reason I love that name is one I can sha the former
San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo's election night quote,
"You've got to bring ass to get ass."

What he meant is still unknown.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Thinking you were referring to the headliners I was amused my Facebook
friend was so impressed by a band I'd been warned against
("trance-inducing" said the avclub.com/austin).

I agree with that reviewer about PBJ, at least based on the few songs I've
heard. Is there a genre called "icky pop"?

Should be: Franz Ferdinand could be included IMO.

?! That's almost offensive. FF uses drums/rhythm to good effect, and they're
not timid about banging their guitars. Are you stoned so early in the day?

Good to see you can reach out to today's youth through your love of music, no
matter how challenged they might be in other areas of life.

This cracks me up greatly for reasons I can't share.

Such a tease. If you're holding back on my account, go ahead and share.
I won't take offense no matter how stupid you might think my comment was.

"El Perro Del Mar is the project of another Swede, Sarah Assbring..."
say what? With a name like that, who needs a band name?

I tried three times to write a smart-ass reply to your comment, and I was
interrupted all three times (doorbell, kitchen timer, and phone call). So I'm
going to take that as a sign I should button it, and simply applaud your
observation. clap clap clap

Thanks! Another reason I love that name is one I can sha the former
San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo's election night quote,
"You've got to bring ass to get ass."

What he meant is still unknown.

I can see why that line would stick in your memory for 10 years. Eddie is
still brash, viz. his ruminations on the Bucs, post-Limbaugh-fiasco:

"If a situation came about with something as close as the
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I would be a moron not to at least
look into it and be somewhat interested," DeBartolo told
Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, before Bucs co-chairman
Joel Glazer denied that the team could be for sale.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

I'll bet you can reel off some of Jimmy Johnson's juicier gems....

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Thinking you were referring to the headliners I was amused my Facebook
friend was so impressed by a band I'd been warned against
("trance-inducing" said the avclub.com/austin).

I agree with that reviewer about PBJ, at least based on the few songs
I've
heard. Is there a genre called "icky pop"?

Should be: Franz Ferdinand could be included IMO.

?! That's almost offensive. FF uses drums/rhythm to good effect, and they're
not timid about banging their guitars. Are you stoned so early in the day?

I like the art school vibe and catchy songs that seem to be all about
going to the pub but live they're nearly inept. They're the poster boys
for poster boys.

Good to see you can reach out to today's youth through your love of
music, no
matter how challenged they might be in other areas of life.

This cracks me up greatly for reasons I can't share.

Such a tease. If you're holding back on my account, go ahead and share.
I won't take offense no matter how stupid you might think my comment was.

The source of the quote is no longer in high school...

[...]

The sausage dude? Nah.

Stephen

The crowd 2pid hangs out with? Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Audio Opinions 5 April 4th 09 09:35 PM
imitating a crowd b[_2_] Pro Audio 6 September 20th 07 04:08 PM
Looking for a big crowd chorus... Leveljet Pro Audio 4 September 13th 06 04:53 AM
Simulate crowd noise [email protected] Pro Audio 2 May 29th 06 08:44 PM
crowd noise Chip Borton Pro Audio 2 August 13th 03 11:50 AM