Chris Fuller

Default f.a fairchild 275 tube amplifier

i finally got around and put the fairchild 275 up on ebay.check it out.

John Walton

I will bet dollars to donut holes that you find a bidder in Japan or Hong
Kong.

"Chris Fuller" wrote in message
news:e69057504884e1d6d0f66ba6f42dfb9c.41557@mygate .mailgate.org...
i finally got around and put the fairchild 275 up on ebay.check it out.

Chris Fuller

"John Walton" wrote in message

I will bet dollars to donut holes that you find a bidder in Japan or Hong
Kong.

"Chris Fuller" wrote in message
news:e69057504884e1d6d0f66ba6f42dfb9c.41557@mygate .mailgate.org...
i finally got around and put the fairchild 275 up on ebay.check it out.

im sure there will be too.i do know that theres one person bidding
already that has 3 of them and he's in the united states.he's been
wanting a fourth one for awhile so i suspect he'll be a serious
contender.
chris

arizona cowboy

nice amp, but that Buy it Now price is in dreamland (unless you get the
interest of one of those boobs that pays $1600 for set of speaker cables, in
that brain-damaged crowd, your Buy it Now price is a bargain, I suppose, but
then, not sure that any of them are intelligent enough to even know what a
Fairchild 275 is)

"Chris Fuller" wrote in message
news:e69057504884e1d6d0f66ba6f42dfb9c.41557@mygate .mailgate.org...
i finally got around and put the fairchild 275 up on ebay.check it out.

Chris Fuller

"arizona cowboy" wrote in message

nice amp, but that Buy it Now price is in dreamland (unless you get the
interest of one of those boobs that pays $1600 for set of speaker cables, in
that brain-damaged crowd, your Buy it Now price is a bargain, I suppose, but
then, not sure that any of them are intelligent enough to even know what a
Fairchild 275 is)

i think we've been through this before with my previous post so theres
no real need to go through it again.i realise that you know what the amp
is as you keep telling me its a nice amp and would like to get a pr
someday but with the prices that your willing to pay for them it's going
to take awhile before you find them at your prices.
id be very surprised if this amp doesnt sell with over 400 views and 29
people watching it .are you one of them?
the bottom line is if the price is not to your liking dont bid but if
you need one to mate up to one that you already have its not everyday
these come up for auction and id be all over it if i were looking.
chris

arizona cowboy

US $621.11

now that you have run this twice now on ebay, I think that the market has
concurred with me, that this is a very nice amp, but you are going to need
to throw its twin in with it if you want anything like $1300

ebay is the new world standard for appraisal of tube equipment (and most
every other collectible)

don't blame the messenger for the message

"Chris Fuller" wrote in message
news:a9e4bbc7dcc36886d29cd6b8ffea0cda.41557@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

firedome

Agreed - a pair of these in nice shape working should go for about
$1200 -$1500. A pair of AA-908 Pilot EL-34 monoblocks recently went
for a little over $1200, and they're MUCH rarer (made for just 1 year
! ) and INHO they are every bit as good or better than the
Farichilds....that's my 2 cents.

Roger in VT -
Vintage Audio writer for Vacuum Tube Valley magazine (see issue #20 -
and keep tuned for 4 articles coming soon on the history of McIntosh
Laboratory & its products....)

[...]

Chris Fuller

"firedome" wrote in message
om

Agreed - a pair of these in nice shape working should go for about
$1200 -$1500. A pair of AA-908 Pilot EL-34 monoblocks recently went
for a little over $1200, and they're MUCH rarer (made for just 1 year
! ) and INHO they are every bit as good or better than the
Farichilds....that's my 2 cents.

Roger in VT -
Vintage Audio writer for Vacuum Tube Valley magazine (see issue #20 -
and keep tuned for 4 articles coming soon on the history of McIntosh
Laboratory & its products....)

hi roger,
i saw those pilots on ebay and agree that they're probally evry bit as
good as the fairchild.pilot made some very fine gear.
speaking of rare amps did you see the scott 290 not to long ago that
went for $2600.now would you say thats the market value for a 290?i
could have bought one for $350 b.i.n about 1 week before and a friend
picked one up for $300 in just as good of shape as the one on ebay.
so what is the market value?
by the way ill be looking forward to the mcintosh artical sounds
interesting

chris

"arizona cowboy" wrote in message ...
US $621.11

now that you have run this twice now on ebay, I think that the market has
concurred with me, that this is a very nice amp, but you are going to need
to throw its twin in with it if you want anything like $1300

ebay is the new world standard for appraisal of tube equipment (and most
every other collectible)

don't blame the messenger for the message

arizona cowboy,
fwiw i ran the ad once on ebay and once here.i really dont think that
running an item for auction once it's going to dertimine the market for
it.im sure your not that nieve to think that.
mabe ill list it again and se if it sells.also you keep telling me to
throw in a twin and it might get me my $1300.do you think that if i had
a twin for it i'd be trying to sell it?
i already have a set of gorgeous fairchild 260's and would love to find
a twin for the 275 then i'd be all set.mabe i should hang onto it then
if it,s only worth about $600 and hope that someday ill find one for
that price or perhaps i should email one of the bidders to see if he'd
part with one of the 3 that he already has for at that price
anyways im tired of beating this discussion into the ground.thank you
for your thoughts,

chris

firedome

Chris:

2600 does seem to me like a nutty price for a 290, tho' they are fine
and pretty rare - someone must have wanted it pretty bad! I eBayed a
pair of Marantz 5s for 2400, and they're in a different league
altogether! I'd think the 290 would be similar in value to, say, an
Eico HF-89...what do they bring nowadays? Maybe 1000? 1200?

IMO, the Pilots went cheap - they are better than any McIntosh
monoblock, except the MI-200, again IMHO, and they are far rarer. And
Mc never made an amp with the sainted EL-34!

Every deal is different, and you do see some insanity on eBay from
time to time. It's far easier to peg values on items you see more of,
so you can average them out. I'd say $350 for a working Scott 290
would be a helluva deal and I'd say hang on to the Fairchild, bide
your time for another single,
they ain't making em any more!
Roger in VT

om