Kent Wendler

Default FS: hundreds of old tubes

These were discarded as surplus by a college physical science dept. in
the mid-60's. I gathered them up to prevent their destruction and have
been carrying them around since. I have no personal use for them but I
presume someone might. They date back into the 40's and include
military surplus (VT-xx) types. Also both glass and metal types.
Probably some are rare although I have not researched this.

I do not have a way to test them so they are "as is", some in the
original boxes, many loose - especially the metal ones.

Asking $200, to be picked up at my house in Champaign, Illinois. (This
permits inspection by the buyer with no shipping involved.)

(I also have what I think is a dynamotor - heavy and condition unknown -
and a B-eliminator in poor condition available for separate purchase
under the same terms.)

Kent Wendler

Kent Wendler wrote:

These were discarded as surplus by a college physical science dept. in
the mid-60's. I gathered them up to prevent their destruction and have
been carrying them around since. I have no personal use for them but I
presume someone might. They date back into the 40's and include
military surplus (VT-xx) types. Also both glass and metal types.
Probably some are rare although I have not researched this.

I do not have a way to test them so they are "as is", some in the
original boxes, many loose - especially the metal ones.

Asking $200, to be picked up at my house in Champaign, Illinois. (This
permits inspection by the buyer with no shipping involved.)

(I also have what I think is a dynamotor - heavy and condition unknown -
and a B-eliminator in poor condition available for separate purchase
under the same terms.)

At one time I started to inventory these, but gave up because I could
not figure out how to organize the identified tubes. This is the small
sample I completed:

VACUUM TUBE INVENTORY (interim)
(All are dirty and untested)

Metal Type Qty. Comments
12SK7 1 loose
6AC7 25 loose
6SK7 1 loose
VT-112 1 loose
VT-93 1 loose

Glass Type
1625 1 loose
0D3 1 loose, id uncertain
12AX4GTA 1 loose
1B32/532A 2 box
1LH4 1 loose
25A5 1 loose
25BQ6GTB 1 loose
25L6GTG 1 loose
25Z5 1 bad box
3Q5GT/G 1 loose
50L6GT 1 loose
5R4GY 1 loose
6A7 1 loose
6BQ6GTB 6CU6 1 loose
6P5G 1 loose
6SN7 1 loose, id uncertain
6V6GT 2 loose
866A 1 loose, appears to be damaged internally
CHS-41 1 box
CKR-867 1 loose, id faded & uncertain
JAN-CNU-7193 1 box
VT-101 1 loose
VT-117A 1 loose
VT-136 33 box
VT-136 2 loose
VT-137 14 box
VT-137 1 loose
VT-138 2 box
VT-138 1629 2 loose
VT-152 6K6GT/G 1 box
VT-24 4 box
VT-24 864 2 loose
VT-25 5 loose
VT-44 2 box
VT-44 1 loose
VT-44/32 2 bad box
VT-62 1 loose
VU-111S 2 bad box

MISC ITEMS
1.00 MFD Capacitor 100V Type 7 Part# M-927554 EICC Mfg. 2 loose