Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt

Default "Quad" erat demonstrandum

In message .com, K
writes
Hi Derrick,

If the retailer doesn't live up to his end of the bargain and proves to
be a big hassel. You should be able to bring or send your ESLs back to
Quad as a last resort. I know somebody who drove a pair of ESL-63s from
London to the Quad factory in Huntingdon a few years back for repairing
the panel arking problem, and the work was completed nicely within 2-3
hours. I heard they might have moved since, but you can email them at
", they do respond to you.

Regarding the power amp, none of them should become too hot to the
touch whether its the 405, 606 or 909. As for the tubes on the Quad II
Forty, that's a different story.
When your 909 and ESLs are back at 100%, try the London Decca recording
of Sibelius' Finlandia (conducted by Vladimir Ashkenazy) if you are not
already familiar with it. With proper placement of the ESLs, it will
surely put a smile on your face.

Regards,
Kev

Hi Kev.

Thank you for that and apologies for not getting back sooner but my PC
was down.
Yes, I am looking forward to trying them and when I do get them back I
will report back here.
Again, all my thanks,
--
Derrick Fawsitt