Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Andrzej Andrzej is offline

Default subwoofer for music recommendation

Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

I cannot recommend a subwoofer for you but you should know that,
regardless of which sub you buy, room placement, room acoustics and
setup will be the major determinants of whether it "booooooms" or not.

Kal

On 30 Oct 2006 02:48:59 -0800, "Andrzej" wrote:

Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Andrzej Andrzej is offline

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

What do you think about Yamaha YST-SW225 or Yamaha YST-SW325 ??

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
https://www.wenterprisesnorthwest.com https://www.wenterprisesnorthwest.com is offline
Banned

A few choices to put on your short list...

Hsu Research STF-1
www.hsuresearch.com

Acoustech H100
www.acoustechspeakers.com

SVS has one around that price...
www.svssound.com

....or you could build your own w/a sub kit:

Parts Express/Dayton Audio
www.partsexpress.com

H a p p y
L i s t e n i n g !

"Andrzej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RAGHU RAGHU is offline

Yes I would recommend, Yamaha YST-SW225. The box is very nicely
designed, with acoustics in mind, and moreover you can set it for both
movie mode & music mode. The sub. has 28 to 200 Hz frequency response,
so, you will not miss, any bass effect.

Regarding, the "booom booom effect", as Kals says, room acoustic
decides it. Some of these tips may help:

1) Don't place the Subwoofer near the wall.
2) Avoid placing it near the corners.
3) Best place is, below the TV, a little on the left side.
4) Place it, exactly straight. See that, it doesn't face side walls.

Actually, I once had this a3.610 philips multimedia speaker set. I
was not happy with the complete system, but the Subwoofer was
fantastic. (just 100W rms) And the best part is not much of 'boom'
effect...It iwas just fine for my room. But, you won't get it as single
unit.

Happy listening!
-RAGHU
(www.soundzgood.blogspot.com)

Andrzej wrote:
Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
DW DW is offline

Dear Andrzej,

I can think of a couple of brands off of the top of my head: Hsu Research
(sold factory-direct) and Dayton Audio Titanic (sold exclusively by Parts
Express). Both offer excellent tuneful (i.e. musical) bass for the money.

H a p p y
L i s t e n i n g !

-DW

"Andrzej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"DW" wrote in message
Dear Andrzej,

I can think of a couple of brands off of the top of my head: Hsu Research
(sold factory-direct) and Dayton Audio Titanic (sold exclusively by Parts
Express). Both offer excellent tuneful (i.e. musical) bass for the money.

H a p p y
L i s t e n i n g !

-DW

Add to that the Outlaw Audio LMF-1 and LMF-2.

"Andrzej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I want to add a subwoofer to my stereo as I am missing deep bass when
listening to music.

I would like to avoid booom booom effect and keep good quality of
music.
My stereo: nad c320bee amplifier, mission 780se bookshelf speakers

Please recommend a good subwoofer! (for approx 300 Euro/ $300USD)

Thank you
Andrzej

rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
Subwoofer Recommendation? Skrud Pro Audio 4 April 24th 06 12:16 PM
Denon 3806 and Energy 8.2 subwoofer problem. IsZatSo Tech 1 March 11th 06 10:44 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Main speakers with builtin subwoofer - How to configure receiver? Michael Harder Audio Opinions 0 October 28th 03 11:18 PM