Posted to rec.audio.pro
geno geno is offline

Default Sell your digital downloads directly from your web site or your myspace page

Introducing MYSONGSTORE.COM, The Fair Trade Download Service

Ever wanted to sell your digital downloads directly from your web site?
Now you can. www.mysongstore.com provides a checkout counter
mechanism which will allow you to sell any digital media seamlessly
from your web site. You can sell unreleased singles, released singles,
and concert recordings, and you will make more per download than the
other sites (74% of all download revenues). For less than $4 per month,
you can rent 100megs of storage space on our server. Need more space?
Rent only as much as you need.

When creating your checkout counter page, use MYSONGSTORE.COM's
proprietary page builder tool to upload a blank page to our site. Our
engine grabs all the HTML code and rewrites it so that all the hot
links still point back to your site, even though the page in on our
server. Your checkout counter page now looks and feels exactly like
your web site. Have a MySpace account? Use one of our pre-built
templates to instantly build a checkout counter page.

Think of us as the anti-iTunes. We are all for empowering the
independent artist to distribute their songs directly from their web
site to their fans. We are musicians helping musicians.

Check out our site. www.mysongstore.com

Again, your music is sold from your site, not some central download
mall whose only purpose is to sell as many different musicians at one
time.

MYSONGSTORE.COM - FEATURES

- Sell even a single song
- Sell previously unreleased material
- sell your live shows as soon as you have recorded them
- set the price of the song yourself
- allow a purchase to include multiple downloads of the song (default
is 5 copies per sale)
- include lyrics, images and liner notes with each song
- have the checkout counter look EXACTLY like your own site, whether it
is a myspace.com page or your own custom site
- for each song, see how many downloads, and how much each song has
made, this week, last month, today and all time
- have multiple checkout counters (no limit) per each membership
account (personally I have a custom page for my nice website, and a
myspace page)
- dictate which of your songs go on each checkout counter page (One
page for a promoted single, one page for live recordings, and a page
for each album is one way to do it )
- Lowest possible cost of entry (standard account is $3.95 a month)
- receive the highest return on a single song sale (if the song sells
for 99 cents, you make 74 cents (and no, the rest doesn't go to us,
most of it goes to the credit card processing companies, and is taken
out before we even release the download.)
- receive monthly payments from your sales either by check or direct
deposit into your bank account.
- receive an email notification every time a song sells
and if that is not enough, here is some more information:
- we follow Fair Trade practices
- 10% of our download profit goes to support sustainable open source
technologies
- 20% of our download profit is given back to member artists as profit
sharing
- we are a privately held company with no ties to the corporate engines
that stifle the recording industry
- we are all performing musicians/producers
- the use of MYSONGSTORE.COM requires NO technical ability, other that
the ability to type, and paste a link on your existing web pages
- members receive information and advice on all aspects of the music
industry, including articles and reviews
- we do not care what type of music you have, or what quality it is. We
do not judge your artistry; we simply provide the ability to sell it.

Check out our site. www.mysongstore.com