Posted to rec.audio.pro
apa apa is offline

Default Cable Lable Printers

Right now I use a PTouch PT-1300. It really isn't suited to cable
labelling because the stock it prints on isn't flexible enough to stay
fixed in place for a long time, so I'm thinking of investing in a more
appropriate labeller. Can anyone recommend their favorite cable
labelling printer and printing stock (or any other solution that your
prefer)?

Thanks, Andy
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:45:07 -0800 (PST), apa
wrote:

Right now I use a PTouch PT-1300. It really isn't suited to cable
labelling because the stock it prints on isn't flexible enough to stay
fixed in place for a long time, so I'm thinking of investing in a more
appropriate labeller. Can anyone recommend their favorite cable
labelling printer and printing stock (or any other solution that your
prefer)?

Thanks, Andy

This kind of thing?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/cable-markers/2985896/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

apa wrote:
Right now I use a PTouch PT-1300. It really isn't suited to cable
labelling because the stock it prints on isn't flexible enough to stay
fixed in place for a long time, so I'm thinking of investing in a more
appropriate labeller. Can anyone recommend their favorite cable
labelling printer and printing stock (or any other solution that your
prefer)?

The ones everybody uses are from Brady. Some of them print on plastic
that wraps around the cable, some of them print on heat-shrink tubing,
some of them print on the cable directly. Some of them will do all of
the above.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
swanny swanny is offline

On 10/02/2012 5:45 AM, apa wrote:
Right now I use a PTouch PT-1300. It really isn't suited to cable
labelling because the stock it prints on isn't flexible enough to stay
fixed in place for a long time, so I'm thinking of investing in a more
appropriate labeller. Can anyone recommend their favorite cable
labelling printer and printing stock (or any other solution that your
prefer)?

Thanks, Andy

Currently do something similar, but I use a sleeve of clear heatshrink
over the label. Gotta remember to do this before attaching the connector
though.

Inkjet printers for CD/DVD-revisit Frank Stearns Pro Audio 22 September 29th 06 08:09 PM
Ink Jet CD Printers Ty Ford Pro Audio 26 August 28th 06 01:07 AM
Hundred Dollar CD printers? anybody-but-bush Pro Audio 37 December 17th 04 12:50 AM
CD Printers - what's new? Mikey Pro Audio 12 September 23rd 03 08:16 PM
FS Auto CD Duplicators / CD Printers Troy Pro Audio 0 July 26th 03 04:09 PM