Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@nomail.bellsloth.net is offline

Default Getting accurate sound levels in spectrum analysis

JEff writes:
Finally for Mxmanic: Folks such as MIke and i aren't just
trying to urinate in your cornflakes just to have something
to do. Neophytes lurk here for useful information, and
they're endeavoring to put their product out before the
public, even if self produced and self engineered. Hence,
we have to do whatever we can to dispel myths and
misinformation. I'm not the gentlest at doing so. Sorry
'bout that.

Richard, to use a cue from pop culture, I'd rather have a Simon
Cowell tell me I'm doing it wrong and how to fix it than a Paula
Abdul telling me I sound great.

Understood. mxmanic is lucky Fletcher isn't still lurking
around these here parts g.

For the record (heh), I greatly appreciate the fact that there are
professionals who are willing to explain things to those of us who
truly want to know and want to learn.
I know a thing or two on the other side of the mic--and I want to
know more about your side of it to improve on what I do, and to
improve my communications with the folks who record me.
I'd also like to do my own demos so's to save more to put into the
actual album production.
Once again, thanks to you, Richard, and all of the rest of you.
--

Understood, and often I lurk and let folks with better
skills impart the info and chime in where I can be of

When some guy waltzes into this group because he's got some
toys to play with and begins a whole bunch of threads that
add more to noise than signal and ends up telling some of
the folks from both sides of the glass that he knows more
about the art and science of capturing a good recording than
they do it rubs my fur the wrong direction.
There's enough bad product out there on homebrewed audio
that people want money for, bad audio on self produced
videos, etc. etc. Especially this visual representation
means no need to listen rubs me the wrong way.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] Anon@ao1.com is offline

some guy waltzes into this group because he's got some
toys to play with and begins a whole bunch of threads that
add more to noise than signal

+1 That's the way I see it.