Posted to rec.audio.pro
nmm nmm is offline

Default Small 5.1 Digital Mixer For TV

I'm looking for a small footprint, minimum 12 input console, that
outputs 5.1, and hopefully does it's own disembedding of HD-SDI
audio.

So far the only one that I've found that fits all the criteria is the
Lawo Zirkon.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or anyone with experiences on
the Lawo Zirkon?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
nmm wrote:
I'm looking for a small footprint, minimum 12 input console, that
outputs 5.1, and hopefully does it's own disembedding of HD-SDI
audio.

So far the only one that I've found that fits all the criteria is the
Lawo Zirkon.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or anyone with experiences on
the Lawo Zirkon?

I have not used the Zirkon but I have liked the older Lawo gear I have
played with. I believe Graham-Patten may make something close to what
you want, though.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
nmm nmm is offline

On Jul 14, 9:51*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article ,

nmm wrote:
I'm looking *for a small footprint, minimum 12 input console, that
outputs 5.1, and hopefully does it's own disembedding of HD-SDI
audio.

So far the only one that I've found that fits all the criteria is the
Lawo Zirkon.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or anyone with experiences on
the Lawo Zirkon?

I have not used the Zirkon but I have liked the older Lawo gear I have
played with. *I believe Graham-Patten may make something close to what
you want, though.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

The Lawo Zirkon looks like it will fit this application well.

What I have to do is break embedded audio out of the switcher into
an audio console. Right now we have a Quartz switcher that is being
replaced by a Sony MFS-2000. Since things are a one person show right
now, the client still wants to be able to have "Audio Follows Video"
capability in the audio desk. The Graham Patten stuff looks good
because of the DESAM protocol copmpliance ( I've heard DESAM was a
Graham Patten written protocol ) and that it will easily talk to the
Sony Switcher. The Lawo has to go through a VSM to DESAM server, as
Lawo speaks VSM.

The other option mentioned was a Logitek, but the pricing seems a
lot higher.