kk

Default Oktava MC-012 clips?

Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
-kk

Geoff Wood

"kk" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Try www.oktava.com (tThe SoundRoom)

geoff

Patrick Covert

In article , Geoff Wood
-nospam wrote:

"kk" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Try www.oktava.com (tThe SoundRoom)

Apparently they are really hard to come by. The sound room
occasionally has some, but says they cant often get them. There's an
older EV clip, from some of their thin bodied mics that works really
well.

Scott Dorsey

kk wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

I would suggest getting one of the doughnut shock mounts from Shure,
which will fit the 012 nicely.

Mike Tulley

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:24:35 GMT, "kk"
wrote:

Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
-kk

AKG SA-40 or SA-60 clips for the C451 will fit the MC-012.

Mike T.

Nathan West

Try This Guy:

--
Cheers and All
Nathan

" Elementary chaos theory tells us that all of Cakewalk will eventually
turn against their masters and run amok in an orgy of blood and kicking
and the biting with the metal teeth and the hurting and shoving."
-Professor Frink

Steve Scott

says...
Try This Guy:

kk wrote:

Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Is KM184 the same diameter as MC012? I tried some Marshall MXL41 elastic
shock mounts (made to fit the MXL-603), they look similar to these eBay
ones, they were too big for the 012 and the AT4051. I used some plastic
tubing over the mics, then into the mount, works ok. 8thstreet has them
for $25.

But, the Shure isolation doughnuts that Scott mentioned are far superior
to the MXLs, that's what I ended up using on my AT4051's. No contest for
noise attenuation, very secure and less bulky.

Steve
Hal Laurent

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
kk wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

I would suggest getting one of the doughnut shock mounts from Shure,
which will fit the 012 nicely.

The Audio-Technica AT8410a shock mounts work fine with them also, as
they do with all the small-barreled mics I've ever had.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

chetatkinsdiet

That's odd...why couldn't the sound room get them. I thought he was
best buddies with the oktava guys. Doesn't he get all their best mics
and then hand pick them? If they really go to that much trouble to
only send him the best ones, are they taking the clips out of the
boxes before sending to him? GC gets the clips with their mics.
Heck, for the price of the GC mics @50 ea...you'd be hard pressed to
find other clips for less than 20-25ea. Why not just buy some mics at
GC, keep the clips, then you've only got 25 ea into the extra
mics...who knows they might be keepers. haha...

P Stamler

They also work great with Electro-Voice 313A shockmounts.

Peace,
Paul
Tracy Wintermute

"kk" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Greetings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an Oktava MC-012
replacement mic clip? Thanks in advance for the help.

Try www.oktava.com (tThe SoundRoom)

geoff

I've been using the Sabrasom shock mounts (also from Soundroom) on my
012s for a number of years. Works fine for me.

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Carey Carlan

Steve Scott wrote in
gy.com:

But, the Shure isolation doughnuts that Scott mentioned are far
superior to the MXLs, that's what I ended up using on my AT4051's. No
contest for noise attenuation, very secure and less bulky.

Is Shure the best source for these?
Scott Dorsey

Carey Carlan wrote:
Steve Scott wrote in
igy.com:

But, the Shure isolation doughnuts that Scott mentioned are far
superior to the MXLs, that's what I ended up using on my AT4051's. No
contest for noise attenuation, very secure and less bulky.

Is Shure the best source for these?

Your dealer can probably get them for you cheaper than you can get them
from Shure's parts department. Markertek probably has them if you don't
have a local dealer.