S888Wheel

Default Hafler (the first MOSFET? I don't think so)

Arny said

My hearing is deficient because I can hear the noise and distortion
that apparently escapes yours, sockpuppet?

I said

I don't know why your hearing is deficient Arny. Maybe it is years of
banging your head against hard objects. Your inability to appreciate
the virtues of vinyl and tubes is the proof. Your inability to
understand that fact speaks to your stupidity.

Arny said

But just a second, my problems with vinylism and tubism are due to the
excess noise and distortion that I hear, and you don't hear.

We are obviously listening to different amps and turntables. I don't doubt that
your equipment gives you a problem with noise and distortion. I'm sure I would
have no trouble hearing it with your equipment. I am quite sure that you would
not be able to identify such artifacts from my system by ear in a blind test
with a clean record.

Arny said

Since when is
the ability to hear something that is
(a) known to be present and even present by design

Prove you can hear it in every design.

Arny said

(b) not heard by others
proof of a hearing disorder?

Prove you can hear anything I cannot.Put up or shut up. Lets take hearing tests
and compare the results. Of course this is a straw man argument on your part.
The virtues of tubes and vinyl when it is done well more than compensate for
their small shortcomings. No one is claiming that the noise from tubes and
vinyl are always inadible. The claim is that on a true highend system they are
barely noticable and a very wirhtwhile trade off for the denefits they offer.

I said

I guess you are under the delusional impression that I am
the first person to suggest you are suffering from substantial
hearing loss.

Arny said

Not at all.

Thanks for admitting your rant about me using the word "we" was also bull****.
If you knew I wasn't the first to suggest you have hearing problems then it
should have been obvious who was meant by "we."

I said

Your reluctance to take a hearing test only supports
the assertion.

Arny said

Tell us about all the hearing tests you've taken, sockpuppet. Post their
results for all to see!

I will happily do so if you agree to do so as well. Chicken?

Arny said

Of course, then sockpuppet your have to show that hearing tests are the most
important measure of how well a person hears differences between different
kinds of audio gear.

No I don't. Hearing loss is hearing loss.

Arny said

Hint: they aren't.

Hint. You are an idiot if you believe hearing acuity doesn't affect how well a
person hears differnces between audio equipment. It looks like you are already
trying to rationalize results that you expect to be pretty bad. You always show
your hand. No wonder you have no intention of ever showing the results of a
hearing test.

Arny said

The true measure of how well a person hears differences between different
kinds of audio gear is how well a person actually and reliably hears
differences between different kinds of audio gear that are known to sound
different, or how well people hear differences between sonic differences
that are similar to those that are known to exist between different kinds of
audio gear.

This coming from one the preachers of everything sounds the same or it's
broken. LOL Thanks for proving you are suffering from severs hearing problems
by your own standards of proof.

Arny said

Fact is sockpuppet, you flunked the biggest hearing test of all - the one
where you failed to hear the spurious noises and distortions inherent in
your worship of vinylism and tubism.

See above.

Arny said

I suspect this disability is magnified
by the fact that you live next to a busy highway in a cheaply-built
lightweight California mass-produced cookie-cutter house.

I suppose this current plate of sour grapes over a well built house with custom
additions in a nice quiet neighborhood is the result of class envy. You cannot
afford my house so you have to make up lies about it. What is your house worth
Arny? Oh yeah, you are too ashamed to say what it is worth.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:18:18 -0500, "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:16:00 -0500, "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

This argument is about the ridiculous concept btought forth, that
tube guitar amps and tube audio amps are, and sound, the same.

That would be a straw man that you created, Yustabe.

no, way back when, it was
offered that they were the same.

Nope, it was offered that the distortion *mechanisms* are the same.
They are.

Just like various cars have the same propulsion 'mechanisms', yet
they are different from each other, have different performances, and have
different 'feels'.

As ever, you lose the argument and start to duck and dive.............

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Arny said

My hearing is deficient because I can hear the noise and distortion
that apparently escapes yours, sockpuppet?

I said

I don't know why your hearing is deficient Arny. Maybe it is years
of banging your head against hard objects. Your inability to
appreciate the virtues of vinyl and tubes is the proof. Your
inability to understand that fact speaks to your stupidity.

Arny said

But just a second, my problems with vinylism and tubism are due to
the excess noise and distortion that I hear, and you don't hear.

We are obviously listening to different amps and turntables.

Obviouisly they are different - yours are in California and mine are in
Michigan.

I don't
doubt that your equipment gives you a problem with noise and
distortion.

I've run into a number of people in Michigan that share your hearing
disability, sockpuppet. They have vinyl playback systems and profess that
they have some desirable quality that outweighs the racket of pops, tics,
rumble, and possibly even acoustic feedback. They can't hear it but many of
the rest of us can.

I'm sure I would have no trouble hearing it with your equipment.

Most of the noise in vinyl comes from the recordings. I guess you're
claiming that *all* of the LPs in Michigan are afflicted with audible noise,
while *all* of the LPs in California aren't. Tough sell, that one.

I am quite sure that you would not be able to identify
such artifacts from my system by ear in a blind test with a clean
record.

I'm sure you're as deaf as a door nail, sockpuppet. Why don't you tell us
how you do with the listening tests that you can freely download from
http://www.pcabx.com/training/index.htm . Of course I don't expect that you
could master the complexities of the ABX system despite the fact that
thousands of others have done so quite easily.

Arny said

Since when is
the ability to hear something that is
(a) known to be present and even present by design

Prove you can hear it in every design.

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

Arny said

(b) not heard by others
proof of a hearing disorder?

Prove you can hear anything I cannot.Put up or shut up. Lets take
hearing tests and compare the results.

Asked and answered. Tell us about your DBT results with the hearing tests at
http://www.pcabx.com/training/index.htm .

Of course this is a straw man
argument on your part. The virtues of tubes and vinyl when it is done
well more than compensate for their small shortcomings.

That's like saying that blackouts cirrhosis of the liver and DTs are
detriments that are far less than the good warm buzz that moderate
consumption of alcohol gives non-addicts.

No one is
claiming that the noise from tubes and vinyl are always inadible.

The noise inherent in good digital and good solid state equipment IS
inaudible. Why go backwards when you can go forewards so easily?

The
claim is that on a true highend system they are barely noticable and
a very wirhtwhile trade off for the denefits they offer.

That's like saying that blackouts cirrhosis of the liver and DTs are
detriments that are far less than the good warm buzz that moderate
consumption of alcohol gives non-addicts.

I said

I guess you are under the delusional impression that I am
the first person to suggest you are suffering from substantial
hearing loss.

Arny said

Not at all.

Thanks for admitting your rant about me using the word "we" was also
bull****.

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with functional illiterates like
you, sockpuppet?

I said

Your reluctance to take a hearing test only supports
the assertion.

Arny said

Tell us about all the hearing tests you've taken, sockpuppet. Post
their results for all to see!

I will happily do so if you agree to do so as well. Chicken?

Asked and answered.

Arny said

Of course, then sockpuppet you have to show that hearing tests are
the most important measure of how well a person hears differences
between different kinds of audio gear.

No I don't.

You're not the God of Science, sockpuppet.

Hearing loss is hearing loss.

It's well known among people who study such things that certain kinds of
hearing loss even improve the listener's ability to hear certain kinds of
differences due to technical deficiencies.

Arny said

Hint: they aren't.

Hint. You are an idiot if you believe hearing acuity doesn't affect
how well a person hears differnces between audio equipment.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Since you are so young and immature
sockpuppet you are obviously unaware about the benefits of age and
experience over youth and physical strength.

It looks
like you are already trying to rationalize results that you expect to
be pretty bad.

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

You always show your hand.

[...]

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Arny said

Fact is sockpuppet, you flunked the biggest hearing test of all -
the one where you failed to hear the spurious noises and
distortions inherent in your worship of vinylism and tubism.

See above.

You were talking trash, sockpuppet.

Arny said

I suspect this disability is magnified
by the fact that you live next to a busy highway in a cheaply-built
lightweight California mass-produced cookie-cutter house.

I suppose this current plate of sour grapes over a well built house
with custom additions in a nice quiet neighborhood is the result of
class envy.

A lightweight house backed up on Victory Avenue in the valley is a "nice
quiet neighborhood". LOL! I think I've even zoomed down that road a few
times in my life.

What's this class envy thing? Why would a member of a higher educational,
social and economic class such as I, envy a member of a lower class such as
you? Frankly, my attitudes are pretty class-struggle free. I judge people by
what they are as individuals, how they think and act. Their possessions are
their posessions and not vice-versa. You have to be really shallow to judge
people by their material goods, and that's exactly what you are up to here,
sockpuppet.

You cannot afford my house so you have to make up lies about it.

Since I live in a house that with its failings is still stucturally
superior, and that is not immediately adjacent to a major thoroughfare, I
have to presume that you're mumbling delusionally again, sockpuppet. I think
that Vicotry Blvd versus Mack avenue typifies the differences. Victory Blvd
by where you live has a narrow paved median and lots of traffic, while Mack
Avenue where I live has only local traffic, and a broad, park-like median
with grass, trees, bushes and old-style lighting and road signs.

What is your house worth Arny?

Sockpuppet, why don't you check the listing services like Weil did to see
what houses in my immediate neighborhood sell for. Ooops I forgot, you don't
know how to do research on the web.

Oh yeah, you are too ashamed to say what it is worth.

I really don't know. I have no intent of selling it in the near future.

Why don't you tell us what your house is worth sockpuppet. You probably are
dying to sell the noisy POS.

S888Wheel

Arny said

My hearing is deficient because I can hear the noise and distortion
that apparently escapes yours, sockpuppet?

I said

I don't know why your hearing is deficient Arny. Maybe it is years
of banging your head against hard objects. Your inability to
appreciate the virtues of vinyl and tubes is the proof. Your
inability to understand that fact speaks to your stupidity.

Arny said

But just a second, my problems with vinylism and tubism are due to
the excess noise and distortion that I hear, and you don't hear.

I said

We are obviously listening to different amps and turntables.

Arny said

Obviouisly they are different - yours are in California and mine are in
Michigan.

And mine are vastly superior to yours regardless of what location they are in.
You didn't get the point. As usual.

I said

I don't
doubt that your equipment gives you a problem with noise and
distortion.

Arny said

I've run into a number of people in Michigan that share your hearing
disability, sockpuppet.

Prove I have a hearing disability Arny. Lets both get our hearing checked and
compare results. Oh yeah, you have already tried to rationalize your measurable
hearing deficiencies.

Arny said

They have vinyl playback systems and profess that
they have some desirable quality that outweighs the racket of pops, tics,
rumble, and possibly even acoustic feedback. They can't hear it but many of
the rest of us can.

Prove you can hear acoustic feedback on my table as it is set up Arny.

I said

I'm sure I would have no trouble hearing it with your equipment.

Arny said

Most of the noise in vinyl comes from the recordings.

If the noise is on the recordings and vinyl reveals it but CDs do not then
vinyl is simply more revealing of the source. That would make it higher in
fidelity by your standards of fidelity. Look before you leap dip****. If you
claim this is not the case then saying most of the noise is on the recordings
is a straw man since it is irrelevant to the merits of the two media. Duh!

Arny said

I guess you're
claiming that *all* of the LPs in Michigan are afflicted with audible noise,
while *all* of the LPs in California aren't.

Of course someone with such pour powers of deduction would draw such an
irrational conclusion. I was claiming that "your equipment" is the major
problem and not all equipment is so severely afflicted with such problems as
yours clearly is. What part of "your equipment" did you not understand? Are you
so stupid you thought I meant all the LPs in Michigan when I said "your
equipment?"

Arny said

I am quite sure that you would not be able to identify
such artifacts from my system by ear in a blind test with a clean
record.

Arny said

I'm sure you're as deaf as a door nail, sockpuppet.

So says the guy affraid to take a hearing test and compare the results to mine.

Arny said

Arny said

Since when is
the ability to hear something that is
(a) known to be present and even present by design

I said

Prove you can hear it in every design.

Arny said

(b) not heard by others
proof of a hearing disorder?

I said
Prove you can hear anything I cannot.Put up or shut up. Lets take
hearing tests and compare the results.

Arny said

Asked and answered

Yeah your answer was no. You are afraid of the truth being public about your
hearing. Thanks for the admission.

Arny said

That's like saying that blackouts cirrhosis of the liver and DTs are
detriments that are far less than the good warm buzz that moderate
consumption of alcohol gives non-addicts.

Talk about illiteracy. LOL

I said

No one is
claiming that the noise from tubes and vinyl are always inadible.

Arny said

The noise inherent in good digital and good solid state equipment IS
inaudible. Why go backwards when you can go forewards so easily?

I guess the only element of the sound of playback is noise. That's a true sign
of a music lover. Not.

I said

The
claim is that on a true highend system they are barely noticable and
a very wirhtwhile trade off for the benefits they offer.

Arny said

That's like saying that blackouts cirrhosis of the liver and DTs are
detriments that are far less than the good warm buzz that moderate
consumption of alcohol gives non-addicts.

That is fairly ridiculous. You need to work on your powers of analogy.

I said

I guess you are under the delusional impression that I am
the first person to suggest you are suffering from substantial
hearing loss.

Arny said

Not at all.

I said

Thanks for admitting your rant about me using the word "we" was also
bull****.

Arny said

Never said such a thing.

The admission was clearly implied.

Arny said

Why do I bother with functional illiterates like
you, sockpuppet?

Don't blame me if you can't figurew out what your own words imply. Literacy has
nothing to do with it dip****.

S888Wheel

I said

Your reluctance to take a hearing test only supports
the assertion.

Arny said

Tell us about all the hearing tests you've taken, sockpuppet. Post
their results for all to see!

I said

I will happily do so if you agree to do so as well. Chicken?

Arny said

Asked and answered.

Yeah your answer was no. The reasons are obvious. You don't want objective
proof of your hearing deficiencies published on RAO.

Arny said

Of course, then sockpuppet you have to show that hearing tests are
the most important measure of how well a person hears differences
between different kinds of audio gear.

I said

No I don't.

Arny said

You're not the God of Science, sockpuppet.

Arny can't help himself here. He likes to try to disguise his own religion in a
cloak of science. Just as any creationist would do.

Hearing loss is hearing loss.

Arny said

It's well known among people who study such things that certain kinds of
hearing loss even improve the listener's ability to hear certain kinds of
differences due to technical deficiencies.

Take a hearing test so we can see if this is the case with you. We all know you
won't take such a test for obvious reasons.

Arny said

Hint: they aren't.

I said

Hint. You are an idiot if you believe hearing acuity doesn't affect
how well a person hears differnces between audio equipment.

Arny said

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Since you are so young and immature
sockpuppet you are obviously unaware about the benefits of age and
experience over youth and physical strength.

LOL you show your hand again. You are making more excuses for your poor
hearing. A fact you don't want to be proven objectively and published on RAO.

I said

It looks
like you are already trying to rationalize results that you expect to
be pretty bad.

Arny said

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

Talk about illiteracy. Where did I say you "said" anything? I said you were
trying to "rationalize" results that you "expect" to be pretty bad. You
apparently don't know what these simple words mean if you interpret them as a
claim that you "said" anything.

I said

You always show your hand.

Arny said

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

Look in the mirror dip****. How illiterate does one have to be to think my
claim implies you "said any such thing?"

I said

No wonder you have no
intention of ever showing the results of a hearing test.

Arny said

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

It is amazing how one can make such an issue of literacy while obviously
misinterpreting simple sentences. Again no claim that you said anything in
particular was made. Learn to read with some basic comprehension.

Arny said

The true measure of how well a person hears differences between
different kinds of audio gear is how well a person actually and
reliably hears differences between different kinds of audio gear
that are known to sound different, or how well people hear
differences between sonic differences that are similar to those that
are known to exist between different kinds of audio gear.

I said

This coming from one the preachers of everything sounds the same or
it's broken.

Arny said

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with illiterates like you,
sockpuppet?

Straight from the department of redundancy department.

I said

Thanks for proving you are suffering from severs
hearing problems by your own standards of proof.

Arny said

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Code for "I have lost and have no answer to your arguments."
Lets review the bulk of Arny's comments on this post.

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Never said such a thing. Why do I bother with delusionals like you,
sockpuppet?

Is this what is commonly known as an RAO meltdown?

Arny said

I suspect this disability is magnified
by the fact that you live next to a busy highway in a cheaply-built
lightweight California mass-produced cookie-cutter house.

I said

I suppose this current plate of sour grapes over a well built house
with custom additions in a nice quiet neighborhood is the result of
class envy.

Arny said

A lightweight house backed up on Victory Avenue in the valley is a "nice
quiet neighborhood"

Lightwieght? Thanks for showing your ignorance on thenature of houses in
Southern California.
I don't live on Victory Ave. The noise from Victory is barely audible from the
rest of my house. In my custom built listening room it is virtually inaudible
unless there is a car accident or a siren. There is no way it can be heard when
music is playing. I see you don't want to talk about house values though.
Figures. Sour Grapes as usual.

Arny said

LOL! I think I've even zoomed down that road a few
times in my life.

But you have obviously never driven down the street I live on. Please don't. It
is creepy enough that you are researching my place of residence. I guess you
have done enough research to realize you don't want to talk about house values.
LOL.

Arny said

What's this class envy thing?

It's been explained to you Arny numerous times. Playing dumb won't make it go
away. Of course you are so stupid that you may nor be playing at all.

Arny said

Why would a member of a higher educational,
social and economic class such as I,

LOL. Tell us the value of your home. Tell us your anual income. Tell us about
your social status?

Arny said

You have to be really shallow to judge
people by their material goods,

Then stop serving up sour grapes and live with the fact that you simply cannot
afford my equipment. Jeez!

I said

You cannot afford my house so you have to make up lies about it.

Arny said

Since I live in a house that with its failings is still stucturally
superior,

Guess you don't understand the point of construction suited for the region.
Your house would hardly be structurally superior if it were in my neighborhood.
It would be unsellable and would have to be leveled and rebuilt to code.

Arny said

and that is not immediately adjacent to a major thoroughfare,

Actually yours is. Mine is quite unaffected by traffic noise. More sour grapes.
Figures. What is your house worth? You won't say will you?

I think
that Vicotry Blvd versus Mack avenue typifies the differences. Victory Blvd
by where you live has a narrow paved median and lots of traffic,

You are obviously delusional if you think this makes the ambient sound from
traffic any less in your house than in mine.

I said

What is your house worth Arny?

Arny said

Sockpuppet, why don't you check the listing services like Weil did to see
what houses in my immediate neighborhood sell for. Ooops I forgot, you don't
know how to do research on the web.

LOL you don't want to answer the question. Figures. Sour Grapes all over again.

I said

Oh yeah, you are too ashamed to say what it is worth.

Arny said

I really don't know

Yeah right.

Arny said

I have no intent of selling it in the near future.

I don't blame you. Not much chance of moving up with your income, or lack of
it.

Arny said

Why don't you tell us what your house is worth sockpuppet. You probably are
dying to sell the noisy POS.

$480,000.00 and rising. I do expect to move up to an even better house some
time in the next few years. I can afford to. It isn't easy to find a house that
has a better listening room than the one I have in this school district though.
I had to custom build this one. Now tell us what your house is worth Arny. LOL.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Sockpuppet, why don't you check the listing services like Weil did
to see what houses in my immediate neighborhood sell for. Ooops I
forgot, you don't know how to do research on the web.

LOL you don't want to answer the question. Figures. Sour Grapes all
over again.

Here's the MLS number of the house across the street which is for sale:

30175404

Type it in he

http://www.realestateone.com/indexII.cfm

Then consider that my house is just plain larger - significantly more square
feet, bigger lot, 2 full baths, 5 bedrooms, etc.

Then consider the fact that the price multiplier for the prices of houses in
the LA area versus houses in suburban Detroit is about 3.

Enjoy!

Sockpuppet Yustabe

wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

This argument is about the ridiculous concept btought forth, that
tube guitar amps and tube audio amps are, and sound, the same.

That would be a straw man that you created, Yustabe.

no, way back when, it was
offered that they were the same.

Nope, it was offered that the distortion *mechanisms* are the same.
They are.

Just like various cars have the same propulsion 'mechanisms', yet
they are different from each other, have different performances, and
have different 'feels'.

Yes, but I'm sure we could all characterize the general differences

between
cars with conventional steam engines (metaphor for vinylism and tubism)

and
high performance modern engines (metaphor for good solid state and

digital).

That is consisitent with your known and proven minimal
abilities of discernment.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

audio gear. Ironically, my www.pcabx.com web site is a good example
of

such
a testing facility.

Fact is sockpuppet, you flunked the biggest hearing test of all -
the one where you failed to hear the spurious noises and
distortions inherent in your worship of vinylism and tubism. I
suspect this disability is magnified
by the fact that you live next to a busy highway in a cheaply-built
lightweight California mass-produced cookie-cutter house. So does

Phillips.
Both of you worship tubism and vinylism. Is there a connection? High

ambient
noise is a well-known detriment to hearing differences between audio
gear.

That is where you (purposefully) misunderstand us Arny.

Not at all.

Yes, we do hear the noises and sometimes, the distortions,
but these detriments are far less than the attributes of
superior musical qualities that we enjoy from listening
to vinyl.

That's like saying that blackouts cirrhosis of the liver and DTs are
detriments that are far less than the good warm buzz that moderate
consumption of alcohol gives non-addicts.

Another self admitted indication that you are more attuned
to noise than to good music.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

--

Whilst you croon "If the River was whiskey and I was a
divin' duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never get up."

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

$480,000.00 and rising. I do expect to move up to an even better house

some
time in the next few years. I can afford to. It isn't easy to find a house

that
has a better listening room than the one I have in this school district

though.
I had to custom build this one. Now tell us what your house is worth Arny.

LOL.

It is assessed at $130,650.00!!!!!!!

1600 Prestwick Road
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan

Parcel 015 01 0175 000

$130,650 is the full assessed value. The taxable value is $81,690

2,498 square feet
Built in 1932

S888Wheel

Here's the MLS number of the house across the street which is for sale:

30175404

Type it in he

http://www.realestateone.com/indexII.cfm

Listed at 289,000.00 It looks as if it is in excellent repair.

Then consider that my house is just plain larger - significantly more square
feet, bigger lot, 2 full baths, 5 bedrooms, etc.

And what else? Older? In disrepair? There is no real reason to assume your
house would sell for more if the house you cited can actually fetch the asking
price. It is not uncommon for sellers to come down in their asking price. So
far i see no reason to believe your house is worth more than 300,000.00 which
puts it at a significantly lower value than mine.

Arny said

Then consider the fact that the price multiplier for the prices of houses in
the LA area versus houses in suburban Detroit is about 3.

Maybe yo should simply consider the reality that prices are higher here because
more people want to live here. It is simple economics of supply and demand. It
is easy to buy large homes with lots of land for less money in places where few
people want to live.

Arny said

Enjoy!

LOL. I did.
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Sockpuppet, why don't you check the listing services like Weil did
to see what houses in my immediate neighborhood sell for. Ooops I
forgot, you don't know how to do research on the web.

LOL you don't want to answer the question. Figures. Sour Grapes all
over again.

Here's the MLS number of the house across the street which is for sale:

30175404

Type it in he

http://www.realestateone.com/indexII.cfm

Then consider that my house is just plain larger - significantly more

square
feet, bigger lot, 2 full baths, 5 bedrooms, etc.

Then consider the fact that the price multiplier for the prices of houses

in
the LA area versus houses in suburban Detroit is about 3.

Enjoy!

Although assessed at $130,650, I would say the it would sell for about
$260000
I checked recent sales on his street, vs, assessments, and found that
assessments are about 50% of the recent sales prices.

1589 Prestwick sold for $250,000 in 2000. The 2002 assessment on that one
was $124,700

But I would not agree that the multiplier for LA is 3.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Ignorance is bliss and Yustabe is more ignorant than most... More details
about Yustabe's ignorance below.

I checked recent sales on his street, vs, assessments, and found that
assessments are about 50% of the recent sales prices.

There's a hidden agenda item about property assessments in Michigan that
you're not taking into consideration, Yustabe. Note, it makes a big
difference in this specific comparison. Hint: I probably owned this house
when sockpuppet wheel graduated from college.

1589 Prestwick sold for $250,000 in 2000. The 2002 assessment on that
one was $124,700

Now that's interesting, because there was not a change of occupant, but
there was a death in the family. I mentioned the offering price of that
house to my daughter, and she agreed that it is ahem, priced to sell.
Another house across the street sold for about 10% more about a year ago,
and the two houses are very comparable.

The rule of thumb in Michigan is that assessed valuations are exactly 1/2 of
estimated sales price, except for that hidden agenda item I alluded to that
significantly depresses the assessed value of my house.

But I would not agree that the multiplier for LA is 3.

As usual, it depends on exactly what you're comparing, but in the specific
context...

Not a bad job of data stalking, Yustabe! too bad you're so ignorant of all
the relevant facts.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Of course, not being based in Michigan, I don't have all the facts.
But I did report those that I had found. I did notice that there are two
assesment amounts for each property, one that is based upon
valuation, and one that is used for applying the tax rate. In some cases
they are identical, in other cases thay are close to each other, and
some cases there is a great variation. That might be what Arny is referring
to,
that there might be a break for long time homeowners.
At any rate, I used the 'valuaton' assessment in my comparisons, rather than
the variable assessment. So (still not knowing the absolute facts)
I suspect the agenda ARny talks about is nt
applicable to to the facts I had reported.

Of course, what I said was not an appraisal, just a pretty rough guestimate.
A larger number of sales, an inspection of Arny's house, and
more detailed information regarding the neighborhood would
be required for an actual appraisal.

I felt that I was being fair to Arny, and just reporting facts as I saw
them.
I did point out that the assessment itself is not at all an indication of
value,
as assessments in his community are much lower than actual market values.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Being ignorant never seems to stop you from shooting off your mouth about
me, Yustabe.

But I did report those that I had found. I did notice that there are
two assessment amounts for each property, one that is based upon
valuation, and one that is used for applying the tax rate. In some
cases they are identical, in other cases they are close to each
other, and some cases there is a great variation. That might be what
Arny is referring to,
that there might be a break for long time homeowners.

You ought to talk to a long-term homeowner from California about that - it's
a better-known case. Sockpuppet wheel probably doesn't qualify. He probably
paid sucker's prices and quotes sucker's prices. I suspect the both of you
buy audio components with no more wisdom than you buy houses.

At any rate, I used the 'valuaton' assessment in my comparisons,
rather than the variable assessment. So (still not knowing the
absolute facts) I suspect the agenda ARny talks about is not
applicable to the facts I had reported.

Being ignorant never seems to stop you from shooting off your mouth about
me, Yustabe.

Of course, what I said was not an appraisal, just a pretty rough
guestimate. A larger number of sales, an inspection of Arny's house,
and more detailed information regarding the neighborhood would
be required for an actual appraisal.

Being ignorant never seems to stop you from shooting off your mouth about
me, Yustabe.

I felt that I was being fair to Arny, and just reporting facts as I
saw them.

Being ignorant never seems to stop you from shooting off your mouth about
me, Yustabe.

Let's talk about your recent lies about the foundation of my house, as an
even more clear-cut example Yustabe. You're both swinging from your own
yardarms on the class envy issue.

I did point out that the assessment itself is not at all an
indication of value,
as assessments in his community are much lower than actual market
values.

By almost exactly half. What you also can't consider is the degree to which
personally negotiating with the local assessor can mitigate relatively high
local taxes.

Bottom line Yustabe, even your highly-flawed brush with the true facts shows
you and the other sockpuppet twin to be monumental liars. Again.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Let's talk about your recent lies about the foundation of my house, as an
even more clear-cut example Yustabe. You're both swinging from your own
yardarms on the class envy issue.

I reported what you had said. Then I discovered that you expunged your
post from the archives, to try and cover your tracks.

I found my post, prior to yours, and my next post in the thread,
subesequent to yours. Now, in that subsequent thread, I found
some of your verbage form the missing post, I
retained it in my reply. In that verbage you deprecate the
problems in the condition of your home
Those are your words, and they are saved.

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Let's talk about your recent lies about the foundation of my house,
as an even more clear-cut example Yustabe. You're both swinging from
your own yardarms on the class envy issue.

I reported what you had said.

That's another lie.

Then I discovered that you expunged your
post from the archives, to try and cover your tracks.

That's yet another lie.

I found my post, prior to yours, and my next post in the thread,
subsequent to yours. Now, in that subsequent thread, I found
some of your verbiage form the missing post, I
retained it in my reply. In that verbiage you deprecate the
problems in the condition of your home
Those are your words, and they are saved.

If they are saved, then you can reproduce them, Yustabe.

You're doing good Yustabe. I caught you in one lie, and you told two more as
part of your cover-up.

Arny Krueger

"The Radioactive Ninja Titboxer" wrote in message
news:ikqa00djre09ru6bvkjbc57t9e4vn27ccl@rdmzrnewst xt.nz
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:43:06 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Why are you so insecure you have to keep whining about how inferior
vinyl and valves are?

What insecurity? I'm just having fun with local members of two noisy,
mislead and misleading religious sects - vinylism and tubism.

Surely you must realise that you're ill? I mean, come on now. Someone
who eats **** of their own volition must know they have bigger
problems than halitosis and a scarcity of party invitations.

Do you really want to tell us about your problems with coprophilia, ninja?

Vinyl and
tubes in their place are fine - I own both kinds of equipment and
use it appropriately and in moderation.

So why keep on whining about it?

It is you that was whining, ninja.

Why don't you admit that you hate music, hate
your stereos (such as they are), and hate other people enjoying
themselves in a hobby that utterly confounds you?

That would be a lie.

Based on your posting history, those comments would appear to be
autobiographical, ninja.

And now for your *next* IKYABWAI . . .

So ninja you're trying to convince us that you don't have a problem with
taking responsibility for your own actions?

Sockpuppet Yustabe

Default Arny proven to be a cheat, liar and coward

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Let's talk about your recent lies about the foundation of my house,
as an even more clear-cut example Yustabe. You're both swinging from
your own yardarms on the class envy issue.

I reported what you had said.

That's another lie.

Then I discovered that you expunged your
post from the archives, to try and cover your tracks.

That's yet another lie.

I found my post, prior to yours, and my next post in the thread,
subsequent to yours. Now, in that subsequent thread, I found
some of your verbiage form the missing post, I
retained it in my reply. In that verbiage you deprecate the
problems in the condition of your home
Those are your words, and they are saved.

If they are saved, then you can reproduce them, Yustabe.

I did it once, I will do it again:

I posted a message, this is the header:

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

Subject: Note to Arny
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:06:33 -0500

saying:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Maybe Dr. Richman can straighten us out.

Even though he's badly bent, he might be able to help the members of your
clique. One bad batch of sick puppies!

Is your ass sucking a sexually driven behavior, or are there entirely
different motives?

We have a far longer track record of that kind of behavior among the

members
of your clique, sockupppet. Let him analyze that!

BTW sockpuppet, why aren't all the "seekers of truth" in your clique
excoriating you for your big lie about my house?

I didn't say anything at all about your house.
I talked about what you liked in a house.
Yes, I knew it would draw out an admission form you
that you enjoyed the amenities of a boutique built
house, to demonstrate your hypocricy in criticizing
boutique audio componenets.
I suckered you inot that one real good!
You are so incredibly STUPID!

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Then, in response, you posted THE MESSAGE IN QUESTION
which you later removed from records, to cover your tracks
from your emabarrasing statement.

And to your MESSAGE IN QUESTION, I replied thus:

header being:
rom: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

Subject: Watch Yustabe wriggle, he's caught in a big lie. Middiius was
right about how stupid he is.
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:55:24 -0500

and message being:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Maybe Dr. Richman can straighten us out.

Even though he's badly bent, he might be able to help the members of
your clique. One bad batch of sick puppies!

Is your ass sucking a sexually driven behavior, or are there
entirely different motives?

We have a far longer track record of that kind of behavior among the

members
of your clique, sockpuppet. Let him analyze that!

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:51:05 -0500
"Arny prefers to live in a cookie cutter high volume production home,
rather than in a custom home produced by a 'boutique' builder."

I talked about what you liked in a house.

Nope. Learn to read what you wrote, sockpuppet. You called it a "...cookie
cutter high volume production home...".

Yes, I knew it would draw out an admission form you
that you enjoyed the amenities of a boutique built
house, to demonstrate your hypocricy in criticizing
boutique audio componenets (sic).

I bought the house primarily because it was cheap, had lots of room for
kids, and was in the right school district. The "amenities" included lots

of
structural problems and impractical *features*.

You're such a stupid liar, sockpuppet. Just like the rest of your clique.

"Arny prefers to live in a cookie cutter high volume production home,
rather than in a custom home produced by a 'boutique' builder."

prefer: like better; value more highly
(from Merriam Webster Dictionary)

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Note that in my response, I quoted 'part' of
your expunged post, in which you admitted that your house
has, and I quote you, "lots of strutural problems". Earlier
in the expunged message, you delineated one of them as
being a crumbling foundation.

Again, you are proven to be a cheat, liar and coward.

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:06:33 -0500

saying:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Maybe Dr. Richman can straighten us out.

Even though he's badly bent, he might be able to help the members of
your clique. One bad batch of sick puppies!

Is your ass sucking a sexually driven behavior, or are there
entirely different motives?

We have a far longer track record of that kind of behavior among the

members
of your clique, sockupppet. Let him analyze that!

BTW sockpuppet, why aren't all the "seekers of truth" in your clique
excoriating you for your big lie about my house?

I didn't say anything at all about your house.

Never ever?

LOL!

Yustabe, you've been talking about my house for at least 11 months.

I talked about what you liked in a house.

Which involved talking about my house. How stupid do you think people on
RAO are, eh Yustabe?

Yes, I knew it would draw out an admission form you
that you enjoyed the amenities of a boutique built
house, to demonstrate your hypocricy in criticizing
boutique audio componenets.

And you were wrong, Yustabe. In the process you made specific false claims
about my house, which you have just admitted were bald-faced, premeditated
lies.

I suckered you inot that one real good!

Yustabe you lied and lied and lied, real good! BTW, thanks about bragging
about your lying.

You are so incredibly STUPID!

Yes, Yustabe, I'm so stupid that I suckered you into bragging about the lies
you told in a vain effort to make a debating point that nobody really cares
about.

Then, in response, you posted THE MESSAGE IN QUESTION
which you later removed from records, to cover your tracks
from your emabarrasing statement.

That's another lie from a proven liar.

And to your MESSAGE IN QUESTION, I replied thus:

header being:
rom: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

This message is retrievable:

http://www.google.com/groups?safe=im...umsgid=vvk6mjs

This message is retrievable:

http://www.google.com/groups?safe=im...umsgid=aaydnX0

This message is retrievable:

http://www.google.com/groups?safe=im...umsgid=y6udnXw
&lr=&hl=en

This message is retrievable:

http://www.google.com/groups?safe=im...umsgid=oYidnTN

Subject: Watch Yustabe wriggle, he's caught in a big lie.
Middiius was right about how stupid he is.

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:51:05 -0500
[...]

100,000 Newsgroups

---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption =---

Note that in my response, I quoted 'part' of
your expunged post, in which you admitted that your house
has, and I quote you, "lots of strutural problems". Earlier
in the expunged message, you delineated one of them as
being a crumbling foundation.

There is no crumbling foundation on my house. Therefore, I would never
mention it. It's a figment of your over-active imagination, Yustabe.

Yustabe, I hvae not expunged a message from google for years and years, not
this decade, not this century, not even this millenium, so this is just
another one of your lies

Again, you are proven to be a cheat, liar and coward.

While you can fantasize that I expunged a message, no way can I expunge all
references to it if anybody replied to it. As I showed, in your prime piece
of evidence claiming that there was an expunged message, there is no
evidence of an expunged message.

So Yuastabe where is this message that you are claiming I expunged, where is
there a reference to it, except among your vacuous lies?

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

From: "Sockpuppet Yustabe"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:51:05 -0500
[...]

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

Admit that you lied about the alleged foundation problems, first.

George M. Middius

Sockpuppet Yustabe said to Toilet Breath:

So Yuastabe where is this message that you are claiming I expunged

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

That probably means his toilet is once again flushing, depriving him
of his regular "fishing" expeditions.

Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said to Toilet Breath:

So Yuastabe where is this message that you are claiming I expunged

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

That probably means his toilet is once again flushing, depriving him
of his regular "fishing" expeditions.

The old one never ceased doing its job, but it is true we recently upgraded
it to one of Toto's finer modern pieces in the interest of water
conservation.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said to Toilet Breath:

So Yuastabe where is this message that you are claiming I expunged

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

That probably means his toilet is once again flushing, depriving him
of his regular "fishing" expeditions.

The old one never ceased doing its job, but it is true we recently

upgraded
it to one of Toto's finer modern pieces in the interest of water
conservation.

Arny hates to dilute his turds.

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said to Toilet Breath:

So Yuastabe where is this message that you are claiming I expunged

Tell us about the "lots of structural problems".

That probably means his toilet is once again flushing, depriving him
of his regular "fishing" expeditions.

The old one never ceased doing its job, but it is true we recently

upgraded
it to one of Toto's finer modern pieces in the interest of water
conservation.

Arny hates to dilute his turds.

I don't want to disappoint you, Yustabe.

Michael McKelvy

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"=(8888)=" wrote in message
"Sander deWaal" emitted :

I still have a Sony amp from 1975, but they used VFETS,

not
MOSFET's.
If
you
overlook the device construction difference, then I

think
Sony
were
the
first to use high power FET's in a power amp. Sony

invented
the
VFET,
the
Hitachi power MosFET's came later.

IIRC, Yamaha had an amp around that time (B1 or B2?) with

2SK77
MOSFETS. A giant beast, and those transistors looked like
2N3055s
on
steroids (twice the size of a TO-3) . Cool!

What is the general consensus for the sound of MOSFET

amps?
had
Session guitar amp that employed MOSFETs, was very clean

but
clinical
sounding vs tube amps.

Like home hi fi amps guitar amps made with tubes generate

Euphonic
distortion, that is distortion that pleases the ear, or at

least
the
person
playing a guitar through one.

Tube amps are preferred by many if not most guitar players

because
they
distort in a way that allows them another way to create.

MOSFET's don't distort audibly unless over driven (or badly
designed
or
broken). For other instruments MOSFET would be the more

likely
choice.

Generally, tube guitar amp distortion is different from that

of
an
audio
tube amp.
It is purposefully accentuated.

Which is the point I was making. They do things with distortion

that
SS
amps
don't and therefore are useful in helping the guitarist express
himself.

Most guitar palyers would find an audio tube amp, outfitted with
appropriate
inputs, useless.

So do most audiophiles, but that's not the point I was making.

Tubes
distort. The distortion of tube amp that a guitar player might use

is
useful for creating music. The distortion an tube used in a home

hi-fi
creates, is just distortion. That some persons like that distortion

is
their choice.

It is not the same distortion, so please don't compare them.

Of course it is. Tubes are tubes and they have specific

characteristics,
one of them is how they clip.

first of all, that is not linear, and second of all, there is more
to the amp and its circuitry than just the tubes.
After all, the tubes don't exist in a vacuum!!!

It just shows how naive and simplistic you are.
If one were to play a cd throught an audio tube amp
and a guitar tube amp, iven the same speakers, it would sound
quite different.

I never said they wouldn't. I said they create the same kind of distortion.
Why is that hard to grasp?

News==----

Newsgroups

=---