Bernard

Default Rega Planar 3 drive Problem

Hi,

My Planar platter drive has recently died and I would be grateful for
any advice on reviving it - if I must, I will buy the rega motor
upgrade but with Christmas coming , I would prefer a cheaper option.

I have replace the motor itself which has not fixed the problem so I
have turned my attention to the PCB.

The on off switch is OK and out of the two electrical components on
the board, I am getting a resistance reading from the rectangular
block (which is marked up as 250 volt and what I am interpreting as a
farad measurement unit).

The other component (cylindrical and looks like a resistor) is not
giving me a resistance reading and therefore may possibly be the
culprit.

As you will gather from the above, I know little about electronics but
can wield a soldering iron so would be happy to try substituting
components to achieve a fix.

Can anyone :-

a)shed any light on the problem from the above description or ;

b) advice the resistance value of the component which needs replacing
(it is colour band coded but the colours have degraded so I am not
sure about interpreting them):

Very Many Thanks