dave weil

Default "Our nation must offend the state of marriage"

Yes, that's what our President said tonight.

Don't believe me? All of you Republicans, play back your tapes.

Now, as to what he actually *meant*, that's a different story...
GeoSynch

dave weil wrote:

Yes, that's what our President said tonight.

Don't believe me? All of you Republicans, play back your tapes.

Now, as to what he actually *meant*, that's a different story...

From the transcript http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=36697

"Our nation must defend the sanctity of marriage."

But I've got a question for you Dave.

Pelosi and Daschle's response ended with the 4 words "... and God bless America."

Do you believe they both really believe in the God of the Bible?

GeoSynch

dpwozney

From the transcript http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=36697

"Our nation must defend the sanctity of marriage."

But I've got a question for you Dave.

Pelosi and Daschle's response ended with the 4 words "... and God
bless America."

Do you believe they both really believe in the God of the Bible?

GeoSynch, which Bible are you referring to?

The King James Bible?

The Jefferson Bible (also called "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth")?

Or some other Bible?
Alice

dave weil wrote in message . ..
Yes, that's what our President said tonight.

Don't believe me? All of you Republicans, play back your tapes.

Now, as to what he actually *meant*, that's a different story...

Well, if allowing gays to marry, I WOULD find that offensive. It is
odd that President Bush was advocating gay marriage. I thought he was
on the right side of that issue.

My guess, though, is you should get a miracle ear or get the $hit out
of them.
cwvalle

"dave weil" wrote in message
Yes, that's what our President said tonight.

Don't believe me? All of you Republicans, play back your tapes.

Now, as to what he actually *meant*, that's a different story...

We have over 500 dead Americans in a needless war with no end in sight
And our President is worried enough about some gay guys that want to get
married to talk about it in SOTU?
And a bunch of morons want to change the constitution because a few people
wanna lick each other in private?

Where in the hell is reason?
Bush is still talking about WMD even though now he says "well, they wanted
to have a program."
Powell has back tracked on the issue, concluding that maybe he was pushing
the envelope at the UN

So where are we as a Nation?
Do we have to admit that in theory the French, Germans, and Russians were
right, and we were wrong?

3 million jobs lost since Bush took over. Tax cuts for the rich. Corporate
welfare state for drug companies, defense contractors, and timber companies.
And we are worried about faggots. Only in this country!

We need a change in the White House

Lionel

cwvalle a écrit :

So where are we as a Nation?
Do we have to admit that in theory the French, Germans, and Russians were
right, and we were wrong?

In a recent past one would have written :
"...Russians, Germans and French..."

Your president has done a post-traumatic mystic crisis because of the
suffering caused by his alcoholic detoxication.
He is now a religious fanatic. As all the powerful religious fanatic he
is manipulated by lobbies.
This explains the grace and the elegance of "his" national and
international policy. :-)

cwvalle

"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

So where are we as a Nation?
Do we have to admit that in theory the French, Germans, and Russians

were
right, and we were wrong?

In a recent past one would have written :
"...Russians, Germans and French..."

Your president has done a post-traumatic mystic crisis because of the
suffering caused by his alcoholic detoxication.
He is now a religious fanatic. As all the powerful religious fanatic he
is manipulated by lobbies.
This explains the grace and the elegance of "his" national and
international policy. :-)

We were dragged into this mess by a guy who wasn't even elected, and is
obviously being run by the shadows behind the curtains of the former Bush
whitehouse. Cheney, Powell et. al.
Now we have in place this regressive national police state called homeland
security (the neo-gestapo)
This because the gullible American public believes the 'big lie'
and they don't care, as long as they can drive their SUV's and eat
cheeseburgers, the hell with the rest of the world ...
Well - It will get the big idiot and his henchmen elected again
The Democrats couldn't come up with a candidate so we are in for another
four years of right wing tyranny
Only in America

Lionel

cwvalle a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

I'm sincerely tenderhearted. Good luck. ;-)

Joseph Oberlander

Lionel wrote:
cwvalle a écrit :

So where are we as a Nation?
Do we have to admit that in theory the French, Germans, and Russians were
right, and we were wrong?

In a recent past one would have written :
"...Russians, Germans and French..."

Your president has done a post-traumatic mystic crisis because of the
suffering caused by his alcoholic detoxication.
He is now a religious fanatic. As all the powerful religious fanatic he
is manipulated by lobbies.
This explains the grace and the elegance of "his" national and
international policy. :-)

I heard that he actually believes that God talks/speaks to him and
gives him personal guideance. He's seriously not seeing the same
reality that the rest of us are.

Lionel

Joseph Oberlander a écrit :
Lionel wrote:

cwvalle a écrit :

So where are we as a Nation?
Do we have to admit that in theory the French, Germans, and Russians
were
right, and we were wrong?

In a recent past one would have written :
"...Russians, Germans and French..."

Your president has done a post-traumatic mystic crisis because of the
suffering caused by his alcoholic detoxication.
He is now a religious fanatic. As all the powerful religious fanatic
he is manipulated by lobbies.
This explains the grace and the elegance of "his" national and
international policy. :-)

I heard that he actually believes that God talks/speaks to him and
gives him personal guideance. He's seriously not seeing the same
reality that the rest of us are.

Sure he sincerely thinks that he is your captain driving the American
Boat in the storm... The last upright man.

George M. Middius

cwvalle said:

We have over 500 dead Americans in a needless war with no end in sight
And our President is worried enough about some gay guys that want to get
married to talk about it in SOTU?

Actually, as I'm sure you realize, Bush probably doesn't give a damn
about the issue itself. What he cares about is what every politician
cares about -- votes.

George M. Middius

Joseph Oberlander said:

I heard that he actually believes that God talks/speaks to him and
gives him personal guideance. He's seriously not seeing the same
reality that the rest of us are.

Dubya is widely reported to love those "Left Behind" comic books. He
has the intellectual development of roadkill and the emotional
development of a teenager. He has the most important office in the
free world, and he's content to take orders from Cheney et al. His
kids are druggies and he's the tool of corrupt, greedy corporate pigs.
And a large portion of Americans love him.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"cwvalle" wrote in message
m...

We were dragged into this mess by a guy who wasn't even elected,

If you are going to lie about that, no one is going
to want to even listen to anything else you might have to say.
Every count done had Cush winning Florida
There was a count, there was a recount. The attempt
to force a thrid recount was repelled. However, some
newspapres took it upon themselves to
do it anyway, getting acess to the actual ballots.
There were two recounts, by the New
York Times and the Miami Herald. Bush still won
those 'supposed' recounts.

pyjamarama

"cwvalle" wrote in message om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

The topics addressed in this snub-nosed, little rant can be gleefully
filed under the heading "if they annoy the left this much they must,
by definition, be correct".

Your agony is delicious!

As is your marginalization.

Almost as delicious as this cheeseburger I'm wolfing down...

Which, I might add, I picked up in my Cadillac Escalade.

Rock on!

cwvalle

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

cwvalle said:

We have over 500 dead Americans in a needless war with no end in sight
And our President is worried enough about some gay guys that want to get
married to talk about it in SOTU?

Actually, as I'm sure you realize, Bush probably doesn't give a damn
about the issue itself. What he cares about is what every politician
cares about -- votes.

There are a few politicians who do care about more than votes
unfortunately americans only vote for those who 'can win'
it's the catch 22 of political reality

This election is lost to democrats because liberals and swing voters don't
think they can win, and if they don't win they will be outsiders. (This is
why every third vehicle on the highway is a SUV, and why people actually eat
at McDonalds)

The Republicans and GWB in particular have framed the debate in a way that
makes anyone who disagrees, a contemptable 'terrorist supporter' and
un-patriotic

There is no mistake in the name of "The Patriot Act"
It is like the wording "Right to Work", and "Right to Life"
No accident that if you disagree you are automatically labeled as opposed to
life, opposed to work, and opposed to america.

It's a sad state of affairs driven by corporate and political greed,
corruption and favoritism.
The uneducated masses, the sheep with the ring in their nose and blood on
their faces has either to follow blindly or be swept up in accusations of
being "un-american."

This is the woeful cry of all the rush limboes, hate mongers, bigots, and
re-writers of history, who secretly hope they too will someday be, somehow,
elevated to the luxurious status of in-siders. They are however wannabe's
and it is this knowledge drives their hatred as they attempt in vain to
seperate themselves from the rest of the unwashed silent but deadly
majority.

If you think that the policy of exclusion, and the depravation of people's
rights is not a dangerous and deadly course of action, then reflect back
upon Columbine, and Oklahoma City to name a few. If you do not think that
the actions of american foreign policy contributed to the Sept. 11 events,
then you are sadly mistaken. If you think the global war on terror will
reduce the instances of terrorist strikes against america, you need only
look at what's happening to the Russians in Checnia, and to the "coalition"
in Iraq.

Peace cannot be brought about by the application of military force, not
unless of course, you intend to exterminate every single person who
disagrees with your policies. Judgement awaits the neo-hitlers who wish to
repeat that history.

Americans need to understand that only by inclusion of all people,
regardless of their history, can we ever hope for peace in this world. It is
a new age. The enemy has weapons of mass destruction, and unlike the
weaponry of the former soviet union, these weapons can be used against us.
And unless we do something about it, my prediction is that they will be
used.

Carl

pyjamarama

cwvalle said:

[...]

Look mommy, it's Marxism 101...how quaint!

FYI, we expunged that course from the curriculum a loooong time ago.
cwvalle

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

you will probably enjoy that truck more when gas hits $3
by the way
did you know that that escalade is a chevy
with extra chrome
and fake
wood
panels

cwvalle

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...

digy.com...

cwvalle said:

[...]

I don't remember there being an introductory course in Marx
but I certainly don't see how you could say you knew anything about
political systems
without studying Marxism

of course I am not talking about political systems, I am talking about
the psychology of exclusion
which you seem to embrace

all i am trying to point out to you is that if you want freedom from
violence
you need to think about inclusion

After Sept. 11, many americans asked "why do they hate us so much?"
perhaps that is unimportant to you, or quaint as you say..

But, the reality is that this hatred for america will be the source for
continued terrorist attacks both inside and outside the US. If you are
comfortable with that prospect then the war in Iraq was probably something
you thought was good policy.

If you look at the attacks by terrorists in a historical perspective, they
have become increasingly sophisticated and effective. The fact that so many
unaccounted for toxins, bios, and even nuclear devices from the former
soviet union are possibly in the hands of those who hate america, should be
an issue which is not as easily dismissed as you suggest.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"cwvalle" wrote in message
om...

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

Damn, you mean they are not destroying the South American
rainforests to build wood trim for Escalades?

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"cwvalle" wrote in message
om...

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...

digy.com...

cwvalle said:

[...]

It's all aboout penis envy.
A course on Freud would be more appropriate
to understanding international relations.

pyjamarama

"cwvalle" wrote in message . com...
"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

And that will be when, exactly?

by the way
did you know that that escalade is a chevy
with extra chrome
and fake
wood
panels

What do I care -- like all Republicans, I have money to burn.

Got any more class-envy issues you need to work out?
cwvalle

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

. com...
"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

i do not envy you in any way
i think you are under educated
if you understood class structure you would realize
that class in the united states is determined by education and peer respect
not by the amount of money you have
most really wealthy people
are very concerned about spending

escalades are targeted at middle class under educated consumers
most of my friends drive vehicles
that are much more 'conservative' than the tank you are describing
My richest friend (i think) owns three aircraft, has two paid pilots, an 85'
cruiser with a full time crew, owns an island to which we often go, yet
drives the same german car that i own
i have several vehicles myself
which are much less conspicuous
have higher value
and are more fun to drive... than a cadillac truck.

The only issue I am trying to work out as you say, is that you apparently
agree with the first post. You are content to drive your SUV and eat your
mad cow cheeseburger, without concern about the rest of the world. So be
it... Do not think however, that because I state an opinion of what I think
is wrong with middle class america, that I state it because I am envious of
that lower class status. I am not...

Carl

cwvalle

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"cwvalle" wrote in message
om...

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

digy.com...
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

It's all aboout penis envy.
A course on Freud would be more appropriate
to understanding international relations.

Perhaps you are correct
: ]

Carl

pyjamarama

"cwvalle" wrote in message . com...
"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

. com...
"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om...
"cwvalle" wrote in message

om...
"Lionel" wrote in message
cwvalle a écrit :

[...]

B.S. and M.F.A from Big Ten Universities -- any other rank stereotypes
I can disabuse you of?

if you understood class structure you would realize
that class in the united states is determined by education and peer respect
not by the amount of money you have

So, when liberals talk about raising marginal rates on the upper
classes they really mean to soak Ph.D's?

Are these rates indexed to CV's?

Gosh, who knew?

most really wealthy people
are very concerned about spending

And the sun also rises...

escalades are targeted at middle class under educated consumers

$50,000+ vehicles are targeted at the middle class? And your proof?

most of my friends drive vehicles
that are much more 'conservative' than the tank you are describing
My richest friend (i think) owns three aircraft, has two paid pilots, an 85'
cruiser with a full time crew, owns an island to which we often go, yet

Yeah, aircraft get much better milage than Escalades and are of course
held to much stricter emissions standards...

Your hypocrisy reeks...

drives the same german car that i own
i have several vehicles myself

So you're not actually a "classist" you're just a garden variety
yuppie snob.

Figures.

which are much less conspicuous
have higher value

As determined by who?

and are more fun to drive... than a cadillac truck.

Depends where you drive -- german cars aren't much use in Borrego
Springs dunes, for instance.

The only issue I am trying to work out as you say, is that you apparently
agree with the first post. You are content to drive your SUV and eat your
mad cow cheeseburger, without concern about the rest of the world.

And your "german" car and radish salad demonstrates worldwide
compassion how, exactly?

Tell us all the depth of your commitment to end suffering all about
the planet...

Let us bask in your glow.

So be
it... Do not think however, that because I state an opinion of what I think
is wrong with middle class america, that I state it because I am envious of
that lower class status. I am not...

....he said as he gazed deeply into his navel...

Carl

cwvalle

"pyjamarama" wrote in message

B.S. and M.F.A from Big Ten Universities -- any other rank stereotypes
I can disabuse you of?

Is that where you took that Marx intro class?
LOL

our conversation is over
Bye

pyjamarama

"cwvalle" wrote in message . com...
"pyjamarama" wrote in message

B.S. and M.F.A from Big Ten Universities -- any other rank stereotypes
I can disabuse you of?

Is that where you took that Marx intro class?
LOL

our conversation is over
Bye

It was over before it started -- something about you not being able to keep up.
Arny Krueger

"pyjamarama" wrote in message
om

"cwvalle" wrote in message
. com...

"pyjamarama" wrote in message

B.S. and M.F.A from Big Ten Universities -- any other rank
stereotypes I can disabuse you of?

Is that where you took that Marx intro class?
LOL

our conversation is over
Bye

It was over before it started -- something about you not being able
to keep up.

Agreed. Valle mistakenly believes that he can simulate intelligence and
literacy with bluster.