J?r

Default Did someone ever try some chinese tube amplifier ?

In this time, they are some fine chinese tube amplifier on Ebay or
directly in Hong-Kong, with very good caracteristic... on the paper
and prices are quite soft.
Did someone ever heard one of them ?
Five brand, per exemple :

SHENGYA (VINCENT):
SA-T1 + 2 x SP-T100 $858.00
2 x SP-T100 $598.00
SA-33 + SP-333 $488.00
A10 $358.00

MEIXING (MING DA):
MC767-RD $268.00
MC805-A $1,163.00
MC805-AA $793.00
MC845-AA $793.00

JOLIDA:
JD801 $998.00
JD100 $498.00
JD300B $978.00
JD1501RC $498.00

V.A.L.:
VP-110S $448.00
VP-120S $523.00
MP-L1S MKII $358.00
VP-845 $1038.00
MP-211A MONO BLOCKS $1398.00

YAQIN :
C-10 EXPORT EDITION
INTEGRATED TUBE AMPLIFIER

http://www.cattylink.com/engproducts.htm
and
http://www.google.fr/search?q=cache:...MC845-AA&hl=fr
kseely

I've taken the liberty of translating your post from Allyuorbasish to
English. HTH

J?r wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of these Chinese tube amplifiers?

Right now there are some fine chinese tube amplifiers on Ebay or
direct from Hong-Kong, with very good specs on paper
and prices are quite reasonable.
Has anyone ever heard of them ?
Five brands, and models :

8 8 8 remainder of advert snipped 8 8 8

Karl

J?r

Has anyone ever heard of these Chinese tube amplifiers?
Thanks you
So a answer ???
kseely

J?r wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of these Chinese tube amplifiers?

Thanks you
So a answer ???

I've never heard of them, and I've never heard music through them, but
I'll admit you've piqued my curiosity. The Chinese are quick to
increase quality when it doesn't suit Western tastes, so even if these
have chinese tubes in them, how bad can they be?
If I go to a stereo show I'll take a look at them.

Lawrence

"kseely" wrote in news:1099336342.666090.230120
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

J?r wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of these Chinese tube amplifiers?

Thanks you
So a answer ???

I've never heard of them, and I've never heard music through them, but
I'll admit you've piqued my curiosity. The Chinese are quick to
increase quality when it doesn't suit Western tastes, so even if these
have chinese tubes in them, how bad can they be?
If I go to a stereo show I'll take a look at them.

I have a pair of Ming-Da MC-845C (monoblock) and MC-7R (pre-amp).

The MC-845C used... hmmm one 845 power tube, one 6SN7, one 12AX7, and one
12AU7. Soundstage is good, a little bit lack of bass when I compare it
with my solid-state set (well, a bit unfair, isn't it?), but the high and
mid range is so clean and open, I use the Ming-Da to play all my vocal
and jazz and use my solid-state to listen to classical music. Another
drawback is one of my monoblock has some kind of ground loop humming
noise, which last for about 5 seconds when I first turn on my amp.

The MC-7R used one 5Z3PA, two 12AX7 and two 12AU7, again, works pretty
well.

One more point, the appearance is very very attractive, when all 13 tubes
all light up and you turn off your light, they look so sexy!

I've never listened to the Jolida, but some friends of mine told me that
they are overprice because they used a lot of money on magazine
advertisment, this and that. They didn't sound as good as the Ming-Da.

The Shengya supposed to be very good, because they OEM a lot of US and
Europe brand name, Vincent is one of them...

Problem is all those Chinese tube components are hardly chance to be
audited here in US.

Hope that help a bit.

Lawrence

Patrick Turner

J?r wrote:
[...]

The sonics of well designed tube amps tend to make people believe there is
*never*
any bass problem with tubes, and in fact that the bass quality is better than
solid state.
And complex orchestral classical music should sound better with tubes, with
less
smeared highs and mids, less screachy vocals, and with all the warmth of
massed voices or strings. Brass should have crispness without edginess.

If your tube gear don't give you all that, then your purchase is less than
good.

The MC-7R used one 5Z3PA, two 12AX7 and two 12AU7, again, works pretty
well.

One more point, the appearance is very very attractive, when all 13 tubes
all light up and you turn off your light, they look so sexy!

I've never listened to the Jolida, but some friends of mine told me that
they are overprice because they used a lot of money on magazine
advertisment, this and that. They didn't sound as good as the Ming-Da.

I heard chinese audiophiles don't like Jolida, over priced and made in china.

The PP Jolidas I have heard measured 66 watts from a pair of EL34, mainly
class B
push pull,
and the circuit wasn't stable because of the crummy winding techniques in the
OPT,
which of course are hidden from view.
The sound wasn't very special.
But the owner of the amp had me change the output tubes to 6550
in triode, and I was able to make the circuit unconditionally stable,
and the owner said the sound was better, even though he has only about
27 watts of class AB triode.

But prior to this I had to examine a Jolida which had suffered a shorted OPT
soon after purchase, and I examined the whole amp carefully for the local
shop.
One other guy rang me about OPT replacements, so all I can say is that
perhaps
their OPTs are not only badly designed and wound, the insulation is poor.
I have no idea what % of the Jolidas fail of those which are sold in my town
of 300,000
souls. There wouldn't be many sold, so a transformer failure is something I
should never
have witnessed.....

The Shengya supposed to be very good, because they OEM a lot of US and
Europe brand name, Vincent is one of them...

Problem is all those Chinese tube components are hardly chance to be
audited here in US.

The Jolidas are made by a "joint company", ie, american
marketting of a chinese made product.
The factory cost of the Jolidas is probably less than 15% of the price being
asked
in the american hi-fi stores.

Here in Oz, the Jolidas with 2 x 66 watts is about aud $3,500,
or usd $2,450.

Most of what we would pay goes to the hi-fi shop,
then the americans and the advertising costs, and the chinese
worker who made it for us gets $2 per week.

The Jolidas we got had 220v primary windings on their PT,
so the shop here had to alter the circuit to allow use with our
commonly measured 245v mains, so this pushed the
B+ way higher than it should have been, and the
electros blew up.
There was no 240 volt tap.
Because the B+ was so much higher, the factory bias current had to be
reduced to put the tubes at a safer dissipation rating, but also into
a less linear working region.

And the heaters all have 6.9v instead of 6.3v.

The Jolida is regarded here as "entry level tube audio",
its cheap, solidly constructed, but with poor internal component quality,
including switches, pots, and dare I say it, poor power and output
transfomers,
and the circuit isn't unconditionally stable.
There is no active protection circuitry.
It is a typical example of the cheap mass produced junk coming out of china,
and is the equivalent of a chinese made Rolex watch.

They don't have far to go to improove the product enormously,
if only someone were willing to put just another $25 worth of chinese effort
into
each amp. Somewhere, somehow, the message Jolida needs to know gets lost, and

I think americans at least would feel more comfortable owning
something made in the US like Conrad Johnson or ARC,
and unfortunately, its a common perception that almost anything is better
than anything made in china.

Patrick Turner.

Hope that help a bit.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

I think americans at least would feel more comfortable owning
something made in the US like Conrad Johnson or ARC,
and unfortunately, its a common perception that almost anything is
better than anything made in china.

Patrick Turner.

That might not be the case, Conrad Johnson is good, but the Ming-Da that I
have is pretty good, too.

I agree that if a tube amp was well design, I should not have any problem
in regarding to the "bass" issue. Too bad, the Ming-Da components, I should
say is a bit better than "entry level"...

I have heard that the Ming-Da flagship use 845 and 300B together, somebody
in US sell it for US$12,950.00 for a pair, I really want to listen to it...

Lawrence
Patrick Turner

Lawrence wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

I think americans at least would feel more comfortable owning
something made in the US like Conrad Johnson or ARC,
and unfortunately, its a common perception that almost anything is
better than anything made in china.

Patrick Turner.

That might not be the case, Conrad Johnson is good, but the Ming-Da that I
have is pretty good, too.

I agree that if a tube amp was well design, I should not have any problem
in regarding to the "bass" issue. Too bad, the Ming-Da components, I should
say is a bit better than "entry level"...

I have heard that the Ming-Da flagship use 845 and 300B together, somebody
in US sell it for US$12,950.00 for a pair, I really want to listen to it...

Well, at that price, it would be easy for anyone to compete
with the chinese.

I bet it could be made for usd $600 worth of chinese parts and labour.

Patrick Turner.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

Well, at that price, it would be easy for anyone to compete
with the chinese.

I bet it could be made for usd $600 worth of chinese parts and labour.

Patrick Turner.

It could be, but there are a lot of indirect labors in manufacturing
process! Not just the parts and labor! So I say the out of factory cost
could be around US$3000.

Lawrence
J?r

Thanks you, Lawrence and Patrick Turner.

So, that mean chinese tube amplifier are not bad...
I'm intersting because a friend of mine works there and can bring me
back a amplifier for a good price

So if someone knows a model of a litle tube integrate amplifier made
in china which suport all kind of music (Jazz, Rock, Classic, Punk and
Electro/IDM)... I'll be very happy !

I undertood that Jolida spend so much money that the price of their
product is too expensive raport to the quality... (like micr***ft ^^)

Ming-Da (MEIXING), seem to be corect... more information ???

J?r

Thanks you for the links

PS : you said "pretty good in my bedroom", what is the systeme you
have in this room ?
hugh j'ampton hugh j'ampton is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
[...]