Peter B.

Default Doppler Distortion in Stereophile Magazine

I was at the local 7-11 and noticed that the November 2004 issue of
Stereophile has a write up on doppler distortion. I started on reading
a little of it but haven't gotten through it yet...

Has anyone involved in the recent discussions on the subject read the
article?

Peter
Phil Allison

"Peter B."

I was at the local 7-11 and noticed that the November 2004 issue of
Stereophile has a write up on doppler distortion. I started on reading
a little of it but haven't gotten through it yet...

Has anyone involved in the recent discussions on the subject read the
article?

** You mean this one :

http://www.stereophile.com/reference/1104red/

It only adds heat and no sheds no light to the issue.

........... Phil

Bob Cain

Peter B. wrote:
I was at the local 7-11 and noticed that the November 2004 issue of
Stereophile has a write up on doppler distortion. I started on reading
a little of it but haven't gotten through it yet...

Has anyone involved in the recent discussions on the subject read the
article?

Thanks for the heads up. You can bet I will. :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Arny Krueger

"Peter B." wrote in message
om

I was at the local 7-11 and noticed that the November 2004 issue of
Stereophile has a write up on Doppler distortion. I started on reading
a little of it but haven't gotten through it yet...

Has anyone involved in the recent discussions on the subject read the
article?

I just did, quickly. On first reading I have the sense that the author seems
to have worked independently, and covered most of the references and
experiments that I've reviewed and/or performed myself over in the past 3 or
4 years. He seems to have reached similar conclusions, and presents fairly
orthodox results.

Phil Allison

"Arny Krueger"
"Peter B."
I was at the local 7-11 and noticed that the November 2004 issue of
Stereophile has a write up on Doppler distortion. I started on reading
a little of it but haven't gotten through it yet...

Has anyone involved in the recent discussions on the subject read the
article?

I just did, quickly. On first reading I have the sense that the author
seems to have worked independently, and covered most of the references and
experiments that I've reviewed and/or performed myself over in the past 3
or 4 years. He seems to have reached similar conclusions, and presents
fairly orthodox results.

** What an "informative" post:

Without resorting to the tedium of any specifics - the erudite Arny
Krueger knowledgably references his own opinions - which are derived from
his own ideas - which depend on his own assessments - which derive from
his own opinions .......... et alia ..... ad nauseam ......... and
perpetually on ...... ad infinitum and up its own smelly arse.

................ Phil

Andy Eng

"Phil Allison" wrote:

** You mean this one :

http://www.stereophile.com/reference/1104red/

It only adds heat and no sheds no light to the issue.

.......... Phil

Hello Phil,

By chance are you related to the Roy Allison mentioned? :-)

On a side note when working with Doppler radar folks, my boss pointed
out interestingly that all of the engineers that designed doppler
boxes tended to be from Greece.

Audio related - Nice overview article...

Regards,
Andy

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...

** What an "informative" post:

his own opinions .......... et alia ..... ad nauseam ......... and
perpetually on ...... ad infinitum and up its own smelly arse.

Likewise.

Bob Cain

Phil Allison wrote:

http://www.stereophile.com/reference/1104red/

It only adds heat and no sheds no light to the issue.

Agreed. It begins with an incorrect description of the
cause of the effect and never justifies any of the numbers
on the pretty graphs. This hardware Doppler simulator he
describes sounds like a real piece of work. I wish he'd
done a bit more than wave his hands at it.

He doesn't consider the effect of configuration at all.
What happens in a plane wave (piston in a tube) is
considerably different than a speaker in an enclosure and
depends on where you are with respect to it. I dunno,
seemed like lots more hand waving to me too.

It is amazing how these writers can so sound like they've
given you a lot of facts and insight when it is mostly
belief based rambling.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

The Ghost

Bob Cain wrote in message ...

It is amazing how these writers can so sound like they've
given you a lot of facts and insight when it is mostly
belief based rambling.
Bob

Now that's what I call a classic case of the pot calling the kettle
black. "Mostly belief based rambling" pretty much describes the
mindless and nonsensical drivel that you spewed when you were
initially arguing against the existence of Doppler distortion as well
as that which you spewed after you had your "epipheny" and were
arguing in favor of it.