chris mcgough

Default Powering Subs

I'm currently running 2 diamond audio 10" CM3D2 subs. As of right now, I am
underpowering the subs with a bazooka 2500 amp(460x1 bridged). I need to
know what size/brand would be best suited to power these subs without
breaking the bank. Any information would be extremely helpful.

thanks
Chris McGough

Sanitarium

ive been happy with my profile CA 1200. Can find them for $170 new
Ebay. It will do about 750-800 watts bridged mono. Note that it is not
designed for 1 ohm stereo, or 2 ohm mono loads.

Garrett

chris mcgough wrote:

I'm currently running 2 diamond audio 10" CM3D2 subs. As of right now, I am
underpowering the subs with a bazooka 2500 amp(460x1 bridged). I need to
know what size/brand would be best suited to power these subs without
breaking the bank. Any information would be extremely helpful.

thanks
Chris McGough

Christopher Bailey

Check out the Diamond Amps. You should also contact your Diamond dealer and
ask for the transmission line box plans for your woofers. They are well
worth building.
-chris
"chris mcgough" wrote in message
I'm currently running 2 diamond audio 10" CM3D2 subs. As of right now, I

am
underpowering the subs with a bazooka 2500 amp(460x1 bridged). I need to
know what size/brand would be best suited to power these subs without
breaking the bank. Any information would be extremely helpful.

thanks
Chris McGough

Brandon Buckner

Heh... he said "without breaking the bank". Diamond themselves are
also more than willing to send plans for boxes. The ported works quite
well on those CM3s. How do you have those wired? Each in series to a
4-ohm load, then the 2 subs bridged together for a 2-ohm mono load? I've
got a DEI 1100D at 1 ohm powering a 12" CM3D2 and it takes that much
just fine, in the ported box. It still doesn't seem like too much. But
then, a friend of mine has 2 10" CM3D4s in a sealed setup at a 1 ohm
load and it sounds awesome. Thats at about 550-700 watts each.

Brandonb

2 subs one box Daniel Snooks Car Audio 8 August 23rd 03 10:34 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
Boston 8" Pro subs in trunk? Chall70 Car Audio 1 July 6th 03 05:56 AM