Flashovr29

Default What Amps should I buy?

ok, after some consideration I parted with my old rockford amps and
now am left with a purchase decision. I am looking for SQ not SPL.

93 mazda mx6
Clarion HU (entry level)
5x7 components JL Audio XR
2 10" JL 10w0 in sealed box
presently no rear fill

so I either need a 4 channel amp, or a 2 channel and mono D class.
What do you guys recommend that will sound better than the 2 - 2
channel rockford's i used before? I wish money was no object, but it
is, but opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!
half_eaten

If you want great SQ without shelling money completely out the ass, I
reccommend Alpine amps. Also, my Kenwood 1000w is pretty insane on my 15"
MTX 1000w sub with both SQ and SPL.

I use Alpine amps on my interior speakers, and the Kenwood on my sub.
Sounds awesome!

-Mike

From what I can tell its only a 15 watt diff. The 200.2 being 70x2 and
the 250.2 being 85 x2. If its a couple dollars more, get the 250.2
otherwise save your money for big gulps. You wont notice 15 watts diff
really.

Flashovr29

sorry i think you were talking 4 ohms cuz those watts specs are
correct. hmmm...now i'm wondering if that would be enough juice? 25
- 150 is what it says....and i'm GUESSING that means PER
CHANNEL....so, maybe the 350.2 is the way to go?

2 channel amp is most effective when two front speak not amplied and
two rear
speaker (in case your subs) amplifed. if I were you, I would use LPF
on rear
ampflication. In this case, you can hear more low bass coming from
back. Usually
you don't hear bass sound coming from front. This is why most bass
sound places
in back of the band. No wonder drummer is usually sits in the back.
For 4 channel amp, use HPF on front two speaker amplication and use LPF
on rear two subs)

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
For 4 channel amp, use HPF on front two speaker amplication and use LPF
on rear two subs)

You're dangerously close to making sense, mmdir2002. You better watch it.

MOSFET

Sean Scott

wrote in message
ups.com...

2 channel amp is most effective when two front speak not amplied and
two rear
speaker (in case your subs) amplifed. if I were you, I would use LPF
on rear
ampflication. In this case, you can hear more low bass coming from
back. Usually
you don't hear bass sound coming from front. This is why most bass
sound places
in back of the band. No wonder drummer is usually sits in the back.
For 4 channel amp, use HPF on front two speaker amplication and use LPF
on rear two subs)

FLAT OUT LIES, Bass is nondirectional, doesnt matter where it is you hear it
the same.

Sean Scott

"Sean Scott" Its@secret wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

2 channel amp is most effective when two front speak not amplied and
two rear
speaker (in case your subs) amplifed. if I were you, I would use LPF
on rear
ampflication. In this case, you can hear more low bass coming from
back. Usually
you don't hear bass sound coming from front. This is why most bass
sound places
in back of the band. No wonder drummer is usually sits in the back.
For 4 channel amp, use HPF on front two speaker amplication and use LPF
on rear two subs)

FLAT OUT LIES, Bass is nondirectional, doesnt matter where it is you hear
it the same.

Oops should add, that while I don't know much about it there are soundwave
cancelations and stuff based ont eh acoustics of the vehicle but I think I
am right toher than that about nondirectional sound.

If its below 80hz or so. Over that it starts getting directional

The numbers I posted are for 4 ohms yes. Your speakers are 4 ohm as
well. They post 2 ohm numbers so the specs look better. 90% of all coax
and components are 4 ohm.

Sean Scott wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

2 channel amp is most effective when two front speak not amplied

and
two rear
speaker (in case your subs) amplifed. if I were you, I would use

LPF
on rear
ampflication. In this case, you can hear more low bass coming from
back. Usually
you don't hear bass sound coming from front. This is why most bass
sound places
in back of the band. No wonder drummer is usually sits in the back.
For 4 channel amp, use HPF on front two speaker amplication and use

LPF
on rear two subs)

FLAT OUT LIES, Bass is nondirectional, doesnt matter where it is you

hear it
the same.

I did not say bass is directinal sound. I'm saying you can hear extra
bass
sound by using LPF on back and HPF on front. in fact, 4 channel amp has
two switch setting one for front and other for back according to my
manual.
I do enjoy the extra bass sound from rear speaker!!!