Jon J. Yeager

Default Question about copyrighting songs before they are published...

This question must get asked a lot - and I apologize if it's in any sort of
FAQ I haven't seen - but how does an unpublished Canadian artist copyright
songs before putting them online or sending out demos... other than the
traditional registered timestamped snail-mail method?

Is there a "copyright office" that keeps a record of songs? Especially now
that they can easily be kept digitally via mp3 and don't take up any
physical space.

Calls to Canada Copyrights didn't lead to anything tangible, and I'm waiting
to hear back from the SOCAN.