Steve Jorgensen

Default Best audio notebooks these days?

It's been a while since I've seen any discussions onf good/bad
notebooks/laptops for audio recording here. Does anyone have recommendations
for a PC notebook in the range of $1500 to $2000? (not including audio i/o of
course).

I've been looking into HP and Toshiba brands, but in the absence of any
reports good or bad about any current PC notebook for audio, I'm kinda flying
blind.

Thanks for any help.

Details: We're hoping to run Nuendo and/or Pro Tools, and it will be mostly
used in the presence of an outlet, so battery life is a lower priority.