Default reconing some Pioneer PW-15B s

I have come across some Pioneer PW-15B woofers and one of them has come
free from it's frame on the outside edge.

From everything else I can determine they would seem to be worth
recovering but it's still theoretical to me.

Who has been there, knows what to do, where to go?

tia,
TBerk

jay heldman

if you are referring to the surround circle, that material is available and
the trick is to place a paper cup upside down in the center of the speaker
cone and put a weight on top of the cup so that the speaker cone is pressed
down during the period when you are gluing the new surround to the outside
edge of the speaker cone and to the speaker frame. keep the weight on the
cup until the glue is dry. Not certain where you can find the surround
circle but it ought to cost no more than a couple dollars. I remember
seeing some kits online which were way over priced at about $20.

"T" wrote in message
m...

I have come across some Pioneer PW-15B woofers and one of them has come
free from it's frame on the outside edge.

From everything else I can determine they would seem to be worth

jay heldman wrote:
if you are referring to the surround circle, that material is available and
the trick is to place a paper cup upside down in the center of the speaker
cone and put a weight on top of the cup so that the speaker cone is pressed
down during the period when you are gluing the new surround to the outside
edge of the speaker cone and to the speaker frame. keep the weight on the
cup until the glue is dry. Not certain where you can find the surround
circle but it ought to cost no more than a couple dollars. I remember
seeing some kits online which were way over priced at about $20.

Yeah, as I have been poking around with Google I have been finding out I
don't really need a whole recone job but a replacement of the (foam)
surround(s).

Only one of the pair is fully separated, the other has a small tear in
the surround but could be caught before it progresses.

Still, if I did one, I'd likely do both as they are the same age and I'd
want them to perform the same as well.

Thx,
TBerk
jay heldman

by the way, i have a pair of Pioneer floor speakers with 12" woofers in
which the foam deteriorated. I simply replaced the whole woofer with ones
which i found on a clearance table at an electronics parts retailer in los
angeles....i think i paid about $20 for each woofer, the two are not
identical. When i find a new surround circle made of a material other than
foam, i'll probably buy them....there's a parts store nearby which sells the
foam surround circle, but i haven't decided to go for foam. if you want to
contact that parts outlet, ask here and i will post the name and phone
number... i don't remember their price, but much cheaper than what i have
seen online in kits which include glue and instructions! i seem to remember
pioneer did not have the part for my specific speaker but pioneer might sell
other 12" surround circles!

"T" wrote in message
m...