bob wald

ok...you are p.m.o bad.....the more power is to makee it able to travel
longer distance so you can hear it better.....if more power does nothing
to make the sound go farther then turn your stereo on 1.5only....
also some1 says i wrote more power makes music travel faster..please
post where i said that.....
it seems some people are so much in a hurry to shoot me down.theyre
lieing.....and not very good either.lol
''strike 24..lol''

bob wald

ok..i just figured out to explain to you....
get a 500rms-n-50rms to the same cars/speckers rear deck....
turn both on 2.....the 500rms will travel to you sooner meaning youll
hear it because the 50rms might not ever travel to where you can hear it
well.so more power does effect speed of travel!
if you wanna argue youll still be able to hear the 50rms then lower it
to 10rms...lol
sorry..you all wrong......

MZ

ok..i just figured out to explain to you....
get a 500rms-n-50rms to the same cars/speckers rear deck....
turn both on 2.....

So now your whole premise is to get a bigger amplifier for the rears so that
you'll hear it when it's "on 2"?

the 500rms will travel to you sooner

No it won't. Just because it's not audible does not mean the wave did not
arrive at your ear drum.

meaning youll
hear it because the 50rms might not ever travel to where you can hear it
well.so more power does effect speed of travel!

Oops! You're an idiot.

The funniest part is that in the post before this you wrote "some1 says i
wrote more power makes music travel faster..please
post where i said that....." Well, you just said it above. MAKE UP YOUR
MIND.

if you wanna argue youll still be able to hear the 50rms then lower it
to 10rms...lol
sorry..you all wrong......

If you can't hear 10 watts to a normal speaker in a car, then something is
seriously wrong with your hearing. You should be able to hear a fraction of
a watt in most full range speakers.

bob wald

my whole example was music travels faster with more watts over a distant
that the lower power will never travel to get to you...lol

ScottyK107

whats the point of this post?

--
ScottyK107
ScottyK107's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36765

ScottyK107

I had some legacy stuff haha

--
ScottyK107
ScottyK107's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36765
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=226460

MZ

my whole example was music travels faster with more watts over a distant
that the lower power will never travel to get to you...lol

And you were proven wrong, and admitted to being proven wrong when you said
"some1 says i wrote more power makes music travel faster..please post where
i said that....."

So not only have you been shown to be an imbecile, perhaps due in part to
the brain damage you said you sustained, but now it appears you're a liar as
well. Why not just slither back under the rock that you call home?

bob wald

mz..if 20watts will never travel 100ft. and 500watts will.you say more
watts doesnt effect speed..hmmmmmm
well i'm getting rid of my 1000s of watts of amps and buying just
50-100watts....since it will be heard 100ft away the same as
1000watts.as to what you said....
i wish i met yall be4 i bought all these amps.....
also guess your 100watts will be heard fine 1000ft away..since power
doesnt effect speed...

MZ

mz..if 20watts will never travel 100ft.

If it doesn't travel 100 ft, then why are you assuming its speed is zero?
Is the speed of light shining off your bald head zero just because it's not
reaching Europe?

and 500watts will.you say more
watts doesnt effect speed..

500 watts from your house in Watts won't be heard in Greenland. Does that
mean its speed is zero?

hmmmmmm
well i'm getting rid of my 1000s of watts of amps and buying just
50-100watts....since it will be heard 100ft away the same as
1000watts.

Listen, imbecile. No one said there's not a difference in sound. The fact
that you keep bringing this up demonstrates that you're dumb as a rock. The
question here is the SPEED OF SOUND WAVE PROPAGATION.

as to what you said....
i wish i met yall be4 i bought all these amps.....
also guess your 100watts will be heard fine 1000ft away..since power
doesnt effect speed...

If you're asking if 100 watts delivered to a speaker can be heard 1000 ft
away, the answer is yes. It depends of course on the frequency,
directionality, and ambient conditions.

I. Care

says...
mz..if 20watts will never travel 100ft. and 500watts will.you say more
watts doesnt effect speed..hmmmmmm

You are correct.
Power does not effect speed. The speed of sound depends on several
factors but generally is about 332 meters/sec, power does not effect
speed, it does effect volume (SPL) produced when applied to a given
speaker/transducer. The greater the power the higher the SPL (Sound
Pressure Level).

SNIP

also guess your 100watts will be heard fine 1000ft away..since power
doesnt effect speed...

"Heard fine", relates to amplitude and frequency, not the speed of
sound.

Power does effect the distance and loudness at which it can be heard
depending on the sensitivity of your hearing. A completely deaf person
wouldn't hear it at all no matter the power. Does that mean the speed
of sound is Zero for the deaf person but something else for a hearing
person? I think not. How about an ultra sentive microphone and SPL
meter that can measure very low level sounds at 100 meters that *your
ears* cannot detect? Does that mean the speed of sound in air at sea
level is ZERO (against the laws of physics) because *you* can't hear it?
That's like covering your own eyes in a well lighted room full of people
and proclaiming "You can't see me", unless they are already blind.
Speed (meters/sec) and volume (SPL) and power (watts) are all different.
With a speaker of given specifications, power and volume do relate to
each other, speed does not.
--
I. Care
bob wald

i never said more power will make it faster....but will effect the music
quality.....or loudness...
YOU started the faster sound stuff......
strike 24-25.....

bob wald

so if power doesnt effect speed....you if 25rms will nevr go 100ft n
500rms will in seconds..how is that not effecting speed???

bob wald

anyways.. i would like you all to know i ordered sum 4gauge fancy power
wire..time to change out those cut up orange extenion cords i been
using......think it was streetwires
how much that stuff go for????

Chris Mullins

its not effecting speed because you never mentioned a change in speed, you
mentioned a change in distance.

"bob wald" wrote in message
so if power doesnt effect speed....you if 25rms will nevr go 100ft n
500rms will in seconds..how is that not effecting speed???

Chris Mullins

ah hell why not....

assuming we live in waldy world, and it actually does matter, who gives a
damn? your speakers throw sound for like 5' at most which is roughly 2m at
332m/s ....you're talking about a delay of roughly .006s

using bob wald logic a 35% increase would bring out speed of sound (lol) up
to 448m/s so the sound would be lagged .0044s your front speakers are maybe
1m away so they lag .003s and viola you've still got lag even with a 35%
increase in SPEED (bob wald power)

and still amazed by your stupidity....if you're standing 25m away from two
speakers, one playing a 35hz tone at 250w and one playing a 35hz tone at
500w does that mean that essentialy the rules of the speed of sound don't
apply? both should project the sound this far, but are you serious that you
think one of the sound waves is going to get there first?

"bob wald" wrote in message
so if power doesnt effect speed....you if 25rms will nevr go 100ft n
500rms will in seconds..how is that not effecting speed???

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
anyways.. i would like you all to know i ordered sum 4gauge fancy power
wire..

I never knew you could tie 4 gauge into your fuse box..

MZ

i never said more power will make it faster....but will effect the music
quality.....or loudness...
YOU started the faster sound stuff......

Liar!

Bob Wald wrote: "my whole example was music travels faster with more watts"

I. Care

says...
so if power doesnt effect speed....you if 25rms will nevr go 100ft n
500rms will in seconds..how is that not effecting speed???

Yes it will go, it is energy, it just might not be loud enough for you
to hear it. There is still energy there, it travels at 322 m/sec. Ever
hear of the inverse square law?

From:
http://phya.yonsei.ac.kr/~phylab/boa...o/P60_INV2.pdf

"One of the most common natural laws is the inverse square law. As one
famous scientist put it, "the inverse square law is characteristic of
anything which starts out from a point source and travels in straight
lines without getting lost." Light and sound intensity both behave
according to an inverse square law when they spread out from a point
source. Your intuition says that as you move away from a point source of
light like a light bulb, the light intensity becomes smaller as the
distance from the bulb becomes larger . The same is true for sound
intensity as you move away from a small radio speaker. What may not be
as obvious is that if you move twice as far from either of these
sources, the intensity becomes one fourth as great, not half as great.
In a similar way, if you are at the back of an auditorium listening to
music and you decide to move three times closer, the sound intensity
becomes nine times greater. This is why the law is called the inverse
square law."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...invsqs.html#c1

--
I. Care
bob wald

oh i found a visonik 6x9 about the same specs as that kicker.alot
cheaper.hmmmmm?????
i guess visonik is as good as kicker.....

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
oh i found a visonik 6x9 about the same specs as that kicker.alot
cheaper.hmmmmm?????
i guess visonik is as good as kicker.....

Well if that's the stuff you like, use that.. Nobody's stopping you. As for
the brands, I probably wouldn't buy either of the brands. Plain and simple,
I dont like either of them. And I also suspect a flame fest coming on.

bob wald

you dont like either??? i'm sorry its not sony......
actually i think the sony 6x9 costs more than either of the 2 i
listed...lol

Kirby

If I were to go to a 6x9, more than likely it would be a set of Infinity's
or Boston Acoustics.

"bob wald" wrote in message
you dont like either??? i'm sorry its not sony......
actually i think the sony 6x9 costs more than either of the 2 i
listed...lol

bob wald

icare..since you have trouble reading.ill say again..(its the same
speaker)but different companies.....but the visonik is a 4way the kicker
coaxial.and the visonik has 2yr warrenty not 1yr..

bob wald

myfirst..yes the speed of light from anything that cannot reach it
target is 0.
same with sound.
power does effect speed over distance.

bob wald

what???? i said the sound never reaches you.not you dont hear it.....
for sound to exist you must hear it....

MZ

myfirst..yes the speed of light from anything that cannot reach it
target is 0.

No, the speed of light is nonzero. If there aren't any photons available to
reach a target, then by definition it's not light so it can't have speed.

same with sound.

The amplitude of sound decays to the point at which there is no sound (eg.
no one will hear your voice 100 miles away because the sound has died out -
not because it's slowed to zero; although, I imagine the hot air coming out
of your mouth is so significant that it causes local atmospheric changes
that may encompass a radius that large).

power does effect speed over distance.

That's not what you said earlier. Changed your mind?

Kirby

Dont you think that having two extra speakers is making up for something?

"bob wald" wrote in message
icare..since you have trouble reading.ill say again..(its the same
speaker)but different companies.....but the visonik is a 4way the kicker
coaxial.and the visonik has 2yr warrenty not 1yr..

bob wald

i have found the visonik (v693) insanely cheap at american car
audio.....
my oly concern is. i heard talk that you should just have bass coming
from the rear,not 3 or 4way speakers.something about you lose treble
coming at you from behind.....i dont know

Scott Gardner

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 07:46:30 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

i have found the visonik (v693) insanely cheap at american car
audio.....
my oly concern is. i heard talk that you should just have bass coming
from the rear,not 3 or 4way speakers.something about you lose treble
coming at you from behind.....i dont know

It really just depends on what you want your car to sound like. Some
people like to have a solidly-anchored "front stage", with only a
little bit of rear fill to "flesh out" the sound. Others like to hear
everything coming from everywhere. It's easier to tell where
high-frequency sounds are coming from, so having tweeters in the rear
and feeding them with a lot of power can sometimes "pull" the
soundstage more towards the middle or the rear of the car.

For my tastes, I usually go with two- or three-way component speaker
sets in the front, some 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" coaxials in the rear deck,
depending on what will fit, and then one or two 12" subs in the trunk,
crossed-over fairly low (around 60-80 Hz).

I'll give 75-100W to each of the front component sets, 50W or so to
the rear speakers, and then about 300-400W to the sub(s). If I
switched to the newer "Class D" amps for the subs, I'd probably feed
them a lot more power, since the digital-switching amps are so much
cheaper per watt and so much more efficient than my older Class AB
amps. But I've got several of the old Precision Power "Art Series"
amps that I like a lot, so I'll probably hold onto them for a long
time.

--
Scott Gardner

"If the pilot screws up, the pilot dies. If Air Traffic Control screws up, the pilot dies."

bob wald

i dont understand why do you care how fast sound gets to you if you cant
hear it???
anywys i'm done answering you about how fast sounds gets to you.you cant
hear....

bob wald

ok i have decided to go with the cheaper visonik.4way 6x9s, $39.Since
some say the rear speakers are unimportant.i wont spend much on them.
i do wish i could go these visoniks, 2front,2rear.