Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] kay.sticky@googlemail.com is offline

Default Sony Headunit Remote Turn On?

Does anyone know which lead from a Sony CDX GT111 stereo is the remote
turn on? I want to connect it to an active subwoofer and need a
switched power supply.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Feb 16, 9:33 am, wrote:

Does anyone know which lead from a Sony CDX GT111 stereo is the remote
turn on? I want to connect it to an active subwoofer and need a
switched power supply.

Blue.

Manufacturers don't typically change their color codes from model to
model or even from line to line. My recommendation to you would be to
hit sony.com and get the manual for a model that's comparable to yours
(I couldn't find your exact model).

If you're really paranoid, you'll pick up the phone and call either
Sony Consumer Electronics or an authorized dealer.

If you hate the phone and are still paranoid, get your voltmeter out.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
matt188 matt188 is offline

On 16 Feb, 18:54, "D.Kreft" wrote:
On Feb 16, 9:33 am, wrote:

Does anyone know which lead from a Sony CDX GT111 stereo is the remote
turn on? I want to connect it to an active subwoofer and need a
switched power supply.

Blue.

Manufacturers don't typically change their color codes from model to
model or even from line to line. My recommendation to you would be to
hit sony.com and get the manual for a model that's comparable to yours
(I couldn't find your exact model).

If you're really paranoid, you'll pick up the phone and call either
Sony Consumer Electronics or an authorized dealer.

If you hate the phone and are still paranoid, get your voltmeter out.

-dan

there is a blue wire that is not connected to anything, it also has a
label showing "ATT", is this it? I wasnt sure what ATT stands for.

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Feb 16, 1:38 pm, "matt188" wrote:

there is a blue wire that is not connected to anything, it also has a
label showing "ATT", is this it? I wasnt sure what ATT stands for.

ATT means "cellphone ATTenutator"...you hook it up to your cellphone's
base station to make the stereo mute when the phone rings. If you ask
me, this is kind of a bad feature because annoying people would be
able to launch a "denial of service" attack on your stereo by
repeatedly calling you. :-)

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
matt188 matt188 is offline

On 16 Feb, 22:08, "D.Kreft" wrote:
On Feb 16, 1:38 pm, "matt188" wrote:

there is a blue wire that is not connected to anything, it also has a
label showing "ATT", is this it? I wasnt sure what ATT stands for.

ATT means "cellphone ATTenutator"...you hook it up to your cellphone's
base station to make the stereo mute when the phone rings. If you ask
me, this is kind of a bad feature because annoying people would be
able to launch a "denial of service" attack on your stereo by
repeatedly calling you. :-)

-dan

If this ATT is not the remote, do you know which other wire it is?

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Feb 16, 2:54 pm, "matt188" wrote:
On 16 Feb, 22:08, "D.Kreft" wrote:

On Feb 16, 1:38 pm, "matt188" wrote:

there is a blue wire that is not connected to anything, it also has a
label showing "ATT", is this it? I wasnt sure what ATT stands for.

ATT means "cellphone ATTenutator"...you hook it up to your cellphone's
base station to make the stereo mute when the phone rings. If you ask
me, this is kind of a bad feature because annoying people would be
able to launch a "denial of service" attack on your stereo by
repeatedly calling you. :-)

-dan

If this ATT is not the remote, do you know which other wire it is?

No, sorry. See my original post. You need to get this information from
a definitive source unless you feel confident/compentent with a
voltmeter.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know which lead from a Sony CDX GT111 stereo is the remote
turn on? I want to connect it to an active subwoofer and need a
switched power supply.

Thanks

There should be a dark blue with a white stripe. that is the amp remote turn
on wire.
A solid dark blue is for power antenna remote turn on.
light blue is ATT which is a car phone mute wire