greg

Default eclipse 5122 12 disc cd changer stopped working, why?

Go figure, right after my lavish 3 year warranty expires, the changer
goes on the blink. it wont recognize or play cd's. at first it was a
couple trays, then shortly there after it stopped seeing any cd in the
magazine. the cd's were clean, brand spanking new, no different.

service said it would cost $200 to look at it!

i can buy a new one for that and get a new 3 year warranty!

anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

my head unit is also eclipse. is there an adapter to make other cd
changers work with it?

thanks for any help.

the thing has been sitting in my closet for a few years now, then i
thought someone here could help

gs
Masterson

Why does it surprise you??
We live in a disposable world, throw it out and get a new one.

(BTW, a complete reman of that changer only costs $150)
(At least where I work)

service said it would cost $200 to look at it!
i can buy a new one for that and get a new 3 year warranty!

captain_video

Check the CD magazine and make sure it hasn't started separating at the
seams. Sometimes the cement that holds the magazine housing loosens up
and the sides start to separate. If this happens you'll get an error
message on the head unit because the trays no longer line up with the
should take care of the problem.
--
captain_video
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=161933