Roar Berntsen

Default Sony Unilink cable question (Want to turn on a car crossover)

Hi!

I have a home cinema system with several amplifiers and loudspeakers.
Therefore I would like to have a decent active crossover. Since the car
stereo based crossover/equlizer Sony XDP-4000X has digital input and seems
to fit my wishes well, I want to try it in my system.

The problem is that the unit must be turned on. It has Vcc, Ground and the
Unlink connector. Is it possible to turn the crossover on only with power on
one or more cables in the Unlink cable?

The parameters for the unit is set using a computer connected to a 9-pin
serial port, so my dilemma is how to turn this thing ON.

I would be very happy for any response.

Regards
Roar B, Norway