Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

Default The Truth About Popular Music - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI

He even speaks about too much compression.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 27/02/2016 11:45 AM, gray_wolf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI

He even speaks about too much compression.

Pretty spot on-in most things, and totally wrong on a few.

I think you'll find that most people here have nothing o do with the
type of 'music' he is referring to, or the production of it.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/26/2016 5:05 PM, geoff wrote:
On 27/02/2016 11:45 AM, gray_wolf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI

He even speaks about too much compression.

Pretty spot on-in most things, and totally wrong on a few.

I think you'll find that most people here have nothing o do with the type of
'music' he is referring to, or the production of it.

geoff

That's what I think too. It seems to me that, in any genre, your finer art is
usually never appreciated by the masses. While watching the video I became aware
that I had no idea of the music he was speaking of. If I was ever exposed to it
I just tuned it out. I certainly wasn't impressed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 27/02/2016 2:36 PM, gray_wolf wrote:
On 2/26/2016 5:05 PM, geoff wrote:
On 27/02/2016 11:45 AM, gray_wolf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI

He even speaks about too much compression.

Pretty spot on-in most things, and totally wrong on a few.

I think you'll find that most people here have nothing o do with the
type of
'music' he is referring to, or the production of it.

geoff

That's what I think too. It seems to me that, in any genre, your finer
art is usually never appreciated by the masses. While watching the video
I became aware that I had no idea of the music he was speaking of. If I
was ever exposed to it I just tuned it out. I certainly wasn't impressed.

His music rant is pretty much analogous to the situation with television
programmes these days too. At least the dross that my teen
step-daughters and all their friends watch.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

gray_wolf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI

He even speaks about too much compression.

This sounds exactly like my Father ranting about the Beatles. "Ob la di,
Ob la da, now that's classic lyricism right there."

YouTube Gary Eickmeier Pro Audio 6 February 18th 16 01:18 PM
YouTube quality option Ty Ford Pro Audio 2 November 29th 08 08:14 PM
record music from youtube onto a cd [email protected] Tech 3 May 9th 07 02:36 PM
(Youtube) I Get Some Emails And Read Them Perkoff Works Hard For His Money Car Audio 0 December 23rd 06 09:26 PM