Posted to rec.audio.tech
Michael Rüsenberg Michael Rüsenberg is offline

Default MP3 files to stereo amplifier ?!

Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Michael

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Michael Rüsenberg" wrote ...
I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

A device which converts MP3 files (however they are stored)
into audio is called an "MP3 player"

There has been some mention in these newsgroups recently
that some home audio components are appearing which have
a USB port and a built-in MP3 player. Perhaps they can offer
some actual examples.

Why do you "hate" your MP3 player?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
FJ FJ is offline

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?

Don't know what MP3 player you "hate"; but I use a iPod Nano (2nd gen) in an
Apple Docking Station.
This connects to my amplifier. It looks good, no hassle with plug/unplug the
player; just put the iPod in the Dock and off you go.
There are even Docks with remote control.
IMHO the most easy, and best "looking" solution.

YMMV, Folkert - the Netherlands

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie Kevin McMurtrie is offline

In article ,
Michael Rüsenberg wrote:

Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Michael

Maybe something like a Roku SoundBridge? It supports several digital
formats and outputs audio to analog stereo and optical SPDIF. It will
play audio from your computer or directly from its original source on
the Internet.

I love it and the radio version too. My only gripe is that it doesn't
always support iTunes. Apple keeps intentionally breaking 3rd party
compatibility with every new release.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Michael Rüsenberg" wrote ...
[...]

Seems like some MP3 players equalize the signal available at the headphone
jack. Doesn't sound too good taking that output into a stereo. My Nano is
that way, anyhow.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
FJ FJ is offline

Seems like some MP3 players equalize the signal available at the headphone
jack. Doesn't sound too good taking that output into a stereo. My Nano is
that way, anyhow.

IMHO that's not the case with my Nano 2nd generation when you set the iPod
EQ. to off

YMMV, Folkert

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"FJ" wrote in message

Seems like some MP3 players equalize the signal available at the
headphone jack. Doesn't sound too good taking that output into a stereo.
My Nano is that way, anyhow.

IMHO that's not the case with my Nano 2nd generation when you set the iPod
EQ. to off

YMMV, Folkert

I'll look at it closer when I get a chance. Mostly play it through the sync
cable anyway...

mz

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Michael Rüsenberg wrote:
Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?

Obviously no idea at all.

The device he describes is basically exactly what his MP3 player *is* !

Then he can hear thru his hi-fi exactly how crappy mp3s are...

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] bikealot@sbcglobal.net is offline

On Dec 28, 7:26*am, Michael Rüsenberg
wrote:
Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter *3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have *an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Michael

You could accomplish this with a USB input on an inexpensive DVD
player. An example is Philips DVP5960. The USB flash drive plugs into
a connector on the front panel of this player.