Josh Mills

Default Internal cd rom noise?

Hello all. I primarily listen to mp3's on my computer, so it wasn't
until yetserday when I bought some new cds that I noticed a quite
noticable noise when a cd is starting. Best as I can figure it's due to
the cd player spooling up, it's kind of a whirring noise. It's less
noticable once the music starts up. I'm using a lite-on dvd rom, a
turtle beach santa cruise card, a headroom airhead amp, and sennheiser
hd580 headphones. What can I do to minimize or eliminate this noise? Or
is this just something I' have to put up with? Any tips would be
appreciated.

Josh
Arny Krueger

"Josh Mills" wrote in message

Hello all. I primarily listen to mp3's on my computer, so it wasn't
until yetserday when I bought some new cds that I noticed a quite
noticable noise when a cd is starting. Best as I can figure it's due
to the cd player spooling up, it's kind of a whirring noise. It's less
noticable once the music starts up. I'm using a lite-on dvd rom, a
turtle beach santa cruise card, a headroom airhead amp, and sennheiser
hd580 headphones. What can I do to minimize or eliminate this noise?

CDROMs by default try to read discs at the highest speed possible. You're
probably hearing the spin-up.

This freebie might help:

http://www.setiathomescreensaverspee...eed/reduce.htm