Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default In praise of Michael Fremer

I know this one will probably stir the pot but I think this guy deserves so=
me serious recognition for his excellent reviews of new vinyl. His articles=
are well written, well informed and well thought out. Even when I don't ag=
ree with his subjective impression of a given LP I find his reviews to be a=
great read and often useful. Not something I can say about the majority of=
audiophile reviews out there. Here are some excellent examples of his reco=
rd reviews.=20

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...years-later-s=
ounding-better-ever

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...phonic-reissu=
e-sonylegacy-analog-planet-exclusive

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...t-cool-crapper

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:25:11 PM UTC-8, Scott wrote:
I know this one will probably stir the pot but I think this guy deserves =

some serious recognition for his excellent reviews of new vinyl. His articl=
es are well written, well informed and well thought out. Even when I don't =
agree with his subjective impression of a given LP I find his reviews to be=
a great read and often useful. Not something I can say about the majority =
of audiophile reviews out there. Here are some excellent examples of his re=
cord reviews.=20
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...s-years-later=

-sounding-better-ever
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...nophonic-reis=

sue-sonylegacy-analog-planet-exclusive
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...t-cool-crapper

Fremer's vinyl reviews are good, no doubt about it. After all he gets to pl=
ay with what is arguably=20
the best vinyl playing gear on the planet. If anything is going to allow Fr=
emer to hear deeply into
a record, it's that level of equipment. Record decks like the Walker Prosce=
nium TT are really that=20
good, especially when partnered with the best phono cartridges. He has acce=
ss to both.=20
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...ng-better-ever

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...anet-exclusive

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...t-cool-crapper

Fremer's vinyl reviews are good, no doubt about it. After all he gets to play with what is arguably

the best vinyl playing gear on the planet. If anything is going to allow Fremer to hear deeply into

a record, it's that level of equipment. Record decks like the Walker Proscenium TT are really that

good, especially when partnered with the best phono cartridges. He has access to both.

It's nice that he gets to use such good gear but IMO the reason his reviews are so good is because he does his home work for each review and he is simply a very good writer

In praise of the Marantz 7c Bret L Audio Opinions 28 July 6th 10 04:19 PM
In praise of older systems Adrian Tuddenham Pro Audio 21 September 30th 08 02:46 PM
Now let us praise Otto Herbert Schmitt Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 4 December 29th 07 10:37 PM
RNC Praise mcp6453 Pro Audio 40 July 29th 05 03:54 AM
Michael Fremer is wrong ... sort of Schizoid Man Audio Opinions 21 April 28th 05 12:26 PM