StevenM

Default help wireing amp to subs question

ok i got a MTX Audio T612X2A
dual 12 4ohm enlosed sub box and a Profile Clarus CL1200 2 Channel 1200
Watt.. my 2 subs come out to 1 port negative and postive and my amp has 2
channles so i should be able to power both subs with each channle right?? so
i run both postives from the 2 channles on the amp to the postive on the sub
port and both nagatives to the nagtive on the subport.. when i do that it
dosent hit at all and the protechion light comes on but if i just run 1
channle to both subs it hits fine.. any sugestions....

StevenM

also whats the best way i should wire my amp to my subs.. im using 14 guage
wire thats what the amp installion book recommanded..

Knoll

Ya I wouldn't do that again. You're shorting the two channels. You will
damage the amp.
I don't know the amp but check the instructions. You are looking to mono
bridge the amp. If you don't have access to the instructions (search the
net) then look at where the speaker terminal are and see if (+) from one
channel and (-) form the other are shown joined together with a line. The
newer amps have a switch that will mono the amp (usually to one of the
channels). If the amp can not mono then you're out of luck.