Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

Default This group is awesome!

I've been a lurker on various audio forums for several years.
Having just discovered this group, I have to say that I don't
think I've ever seen anything like it. It is probably the most
active newsgroup I've ever seen, with obviously many audio enthusiasts
posting regularly, and yet it seems that only about 5% of the
posts themselves are actually about audio! For the past 2 or 3
days I've found it surprisingly diverting.

The thread on turntables is possibly the exception in that it
has appeared to have a *moderately* normal amount of discussion
mixed in with the fighting. Other threads have seem to rarely have
anything to do with the original post, almost immediately. It may be
the most fundamentally disfunctional newsgroup I've ever seen. And
I'm hard-pressed to point to any one person at fault... it's like
a sort of "reverse groupthink".

Anyhow, I've never seen fit to post something like this before.
Just thought I'd share an observation from a perspective of outsider-
looking-in. Perhaps in a couple of days I'll tire of it and
who knows, maybe I'll be inspired enough to post a sort of
"so long and thanks for all the fish" message. But for now,
I'm intrigued enough that I just had to share. I'm also a wee bit
tempted to say something like: "what d'yall think of Bose?" just
to see what happens.

Scott

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

[...]

Audio professionals have a saying.....

" No highs, no lows, it must be Bose ".

Bose has a fabulous marketing department though.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

wrote in message
I've been a lurker on various audio forums for several years.
Having just discovered this group, I have to say that I don't
think I've ever seen anything like it. It is probably the most
active newsgroup I've ever seen, with obviously many audio enthusiasts
posting regularly, and yet it seems that only about 5% of the
posts themselves are actually about audio! For the past 2 or 3
days I've found it surprisingly diverting.

The thread on turntables is possibly the exception in that it
has appeared to have a *moderately* normal amount of discussion
mixed in with the fighting. Other threads have seem to rarely have
anything to do with the original post, almost immediately. It may be
the most fundamentally disfunctional newsgroup I've ever seen. And
I'm hard-pressed to point to any one person at fault...

I'll give you a hint

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rn&qt_s=Search

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...la&qt_s=Search

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...le&qt_s=Search

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...it&qt_s=Search

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Graham

Aren't you the same piece of **** who secretly records private phone calls
and then distributes them over the internet?

Cheers!

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Margaret von B wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Graham

Aren't you the same piece of **** who secretly records private phone calls
and then distributes them over the internet?

You're trying to invent something to tar my name with now ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

Margaret von B wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Graham

Aren't you the same piece of **** who secretly records private phone
calls
and then distributes them over the internet?

You're trying to invent something to tar my name with now ?

I couldn't possibly surpass your own efforts, loverboy snicker

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Osama Bin Fuktar Osama Bin Fuktar is offline

wrote in message
I've been a lurker on various audio forums for several years.
Having just discovered this group, I have to say that I don't
think I've ever seen anything like it. It is probably the most
active newsgroup I've ever seen, with obviously many audio enthusiasts
posting regularly, and yet it seems that only about 5% of the
posts themselves are actually about audio! For the past 2 or 3
days I've found it surprisingly diverting.

The thread on turntables is possibly the exception in that it
has appeared to have a *moderately* normal amount of discussion
mixed in with the fighting. Other threads have seem to rarely have
anything to do with the original post, almost immediately. It may be
the most fundamentally disfunctional newsgroup I've ever seen. And
I'm hard-pressed to point to any one person at fault... it's like
a sort of "reverse groupthink".

This is the decay of western society.

Anyhow, I've never seen fit to post something like this before.
Just thought I'd share an observation from a perspective of outsider-
looking-in. Perhaps in a couple of days I'll tire of it and
who knows, maybe I'll be inspired enough to post a sort of
"so long and thanks for all the fish" message. But for now,
I'm intrigued enough that I just had to share. I'm also a wee bit
tempted to say something like: "what d'yall think of Bose?" just
to see what happens.

Scott

Bose is an infidel if not a crusader. Soon we will proclaim a Halal speaker.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Margaret von B" wrote in message
news
"Eeyore"
wrote
in message

Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Graham

Aren't you the same piece of **** who secretly records
private phone calls and then distributes them over the
internet?

No, that's John Atkinson, isn't it?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

Margaret von B wrote:

I'll give you a hint

You're pathetic.

You're not even a real woman AFAIK !

Why don't you sit your naked smiling one on a copy machine and run a
copy like the girls at the office do. Then we'll know.

I have a feeling you were born on a copier...

Cheers!

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] brownt@flash.net is offline

For sanity, try searching just for new threads:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=-r...F-8&lr=&hl=en&

TB

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"Margaret von B" said:

Graham

Aren't you the same piece of **** who secretly records private phone calls
and then distributes them over the internet?

Same screen name, different person.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eeyore said:

Same screen name, different person.

Eh ?

Different times, different "Graham".
The Devil is in the details ;-)

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

DonkeyBorg brayed:

Same screen name, different person.

Eh ?

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Sander deWaal wrote:

Eeyore said:

Same screen name, different person.

Eh ?

Different times, different "Graham".
The Devil is in the details ;-)

LOL !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote:

DonkeyBorg brayed:

Same screen name, different person.

Eh ?

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

I have no doubt you're an expert in such matters.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Poopie borrows the Krooborg's IKYABWAI module.

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

I have no doubt you're an expert in such matters.

You mean recognizing idiots? In my world, that skill is so common that if
you don't have it, you are one.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast
[dot] net wrote in message

Poopie borrows the Krooborg's IKYABWAI module.

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

I have no doubt you're an expert in such matters.

You mean recognizing idiots? In my world, that skill is
so common that if you don't have it, you are one.

Since you can't recognize yourself for what you are Middius, you've just
indicted yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg snatches its IKYABWAI module back from DonkeyBorg.

Poopie borrows the Krooborg's IKYABWAI module.

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

I have no doubt you're an expert in such matters.

You mean recognizing idiots? In my world, that skill is
so common that if you don't have it, you are one.

Since you can't recognize yourself for what you are Middius, you've just
indicted yourself.

Arnii, that is so lame. Even for you it's fairly lame. But it should be
brought to your attention that you've just contradicted two of the
fundamental points of Kroologic on which you've hung your pathetic shreds
of self-respect. You've told us several times that it's impossible to
animate a sockpuppet smarter than yourself. You've also klaimed that
virtually every Normal who recognizes you for what you are is a "dupe" or
a "scokpuppet" of mine. And it's a fact that every single Normal is
smarter than you. So if I'm an "idiot", how did I manage to perpetrate
such a huge fraud on the rest of the world?

Now that you've painted yourself into a corner again, it's time to sound
the retreat. What's your retreat theme, anyway? I'm thinking it's the
"Benny Hill" theme or something like that. Hey look -- time for church!
See you later, Arnii. ;-)

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote in
message ...

Poopie borrows the Krooborg's IKYABWAI module.

It's just another way of saying you're an idiot, Poopie.

I have no doubt you're an expert in such matters.

You mean recognizing idiots? In my world, that skill is so common that if
you don't have it, you are one.

George is the single inhabitant of his world and consider yourself
blessed this is the only point where our worlds collide.

ScottW