Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Tannoy Reveal Sub

Hi, I've got a small Pro Tools set up running on a Digi001. The output of
which is connected to my Marantz amp, which also acts as my hi-fi. I have a
pair of Tannoy Reveal passive's connected to the amp. It's a set up which
works really well, I can use the Tannoys for normal music / DVD use, and my
mixing.
I am now thinking of adding a sub to the equation, and am guessing the best
one for the set up would be the Tannoy Reveal Sub10. Has anyone used this
sub, I ask because I am a little confused as to how I would wire all this
up. Would I be able to take the speaker outputs that are currently connected
to my monitors to the sub, then the monitors connect to that, or is it
slightly more complicated?

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Pete.

Raymond

Pete wrote
I am now thinking of adding a sub to the equation, and am guessing the best
one for the set up would be the Tannoy Reveal Sub10. Has anyone used this
sub, I ask because I am a little confused as to how I would wire all this
up. Would I be able to take the speaker outputs that are currently connected
to my monitors to the sub, then the monitors connect to that, or is it
slightly more complicated?

I have 2 acitve (blue) Reveals and 2 of the 110B active subs, the 4 of them
sound quite good (for what they cost) together. I use a DAW (Mac) with a MOTU
24i/analog mixer, some times I watch DVD's on this Mac with them as the only
speakers, the subs shake the room quite well for a midranged powerd (around 100
watts each) sub. I'm not to sure about the passives (red) but these actives
have a narrow sweet spot so sitting in the right place makes it sound great.
The sub has XLR L/R inputs (line) and XLR outputs (line) as well for your hi
mid speakers or amp what ever you may have. If you reciver has XLR inputs your
in great shape, if not you need some addapters. I did have to make a cable for
the inputs of these subs as my mixer had only 1/4"TRS. If you aren't any good
with a soldering iron you can buy cables at most any music store. If they don't
have what you need then try your local sound production company or recording
studio.