Faustino Dina

Default Who fabricates 8 Ohms speakers...? I can't find other except Sony...

Hi,

I found good sales prices for Yamaha and Onkyo speakers, but it appear all
to have 6 Ohm impedance and I want to buy an AVR which specifies 8-16 Ohm
impedance. So which speaker fabricants have 8 Ohm speakers...? There is
something wrong with 8 Ohms speakers that it looks to be less than 8 Ohm
ones...?

Thanks in advance
Faustino

Geoff Wood

"Faustino Dina" wrote in message
Hi,

I found good sales prices for Yamaha and Onkyo speakers, but it appear all
to have 6 Ohm impedance and I want to buy an AVR which specifies 8-16 Ohm
impedance. So which speaker fabricants have 8 Ohm speakers...? There is
something wrong with 8 Ohms speakers that it looks to be less than 8 Ohm
ones...?

Zillions of companies make speakers that would suite. 6 ohms should not be a
problem - 8Ohms is a pretty nominal figure at the best of times.

Other brands - try looking in a hifi shop rather than a department store.

geoff

michael Mueller

Hello All. I've been lurking for a while in the group and find it
interesting. As for this post if I may?
Why go cheap to get your ears adjusted to good equipment? That seems
very counter productive. Look for some good used equipment on the net.
Buy a good pair of new speakers, a good used higher end amp amp. and a
new Digital source. NAD makes an excellent line of CD players.
I have a sony ES CD player that I am still using after 13 years. It
still works well.

I recently upgarded to a Rega Jupiter. I replaced an old Philips 312
turntable 6 months ago with MMF5 table. All this goes through a Fisher
400c preamp or a Heathkit SP-2A preamp. The system is tri-amped with 2
Dynaco MKIII's and a Dynaco ST-70.

Speakers are LYnn Olsens Ariels Version 3. All the tube gear has been
rebuilt over the last 4 years
Thank you for your time
Mike Mueller