Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default I know what's bothering Sillybot

All that education, all those high test scores, and yet no respect. (Not
to mention a meager income, but Silly is approaching the goal of material
rewards with extreme anxiety.)

Small wonder Silly identifies with Arnii Krooborg and Mikey Bug Eater.
Both are saved from penury by government largesse.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
124

Default [Meta] George

[George M. Middius's abusive post deleted.] George never
could hear a difference between expensive amps, CD
players, and wires compared to their less-expensive
counterparts if lab measurements predict that the devices
should sound identical. And he never will be able to hear a
difference. His ego does not allow him to acknowledge
this. Hence his need for abusive posts. He hates it when
objectivists present evidence to smash his fantasy.

--124

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
[George M. Middius's abusive post deleted.] George never
could hear a difference between expensive amps, CD
players, and wires compared to their less-expensive
counterparts if lab measurements predict that the devices
should sound identical. And he never will be able to hear a
difference. His ego does not allow him to acknowledge
this. Hence his need for abusive posts. He hates it when
objectivists present evidence to smash his fantasy.

--124

Neither you, nor anyone else has EVER presented
ANY evidence that George, or myself, could
not hear such differences as mentioned above.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default 'borg fantasies & hypocrisy

Clyde Slick said to 4 of 12:

objectivists[sic] present evidence

Neither you, nor anyone else has EVER presented
ANY evidence that George, or myself, could
not hear such differences as mentioned above.

4 needs fantasies to stave off a suicidal depression. Have pity on the
poor little metron.

Besides, none of Them is really an "objectivist" anyway. None of Them
actually do the precious "tests" they yammer about. They're as "objective"
as a crowd of Aztecs cheering on the murderous priest as he sacrifices a
virgin to the gods.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
surf

dickie writes:
you aren't real George (and yet, I hate you............)

how's life? what's up?
"took a powder"?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
124

Default Golden-Ears Myth [Was]: George

Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
[George M. Middius's abusive post deleted.] George never
could hear a difference between expensive amps, CD
players, and wires compared to their less-expensive
counterparts if lab measurements predict that the devices
should sound identical. And he never will be able to hear a
difference. His ego does not allow him to acknowledge
this. Hence his need for abusive posts. He hates it when
objectivists present evidence to smash his fantasy.

Neither you, nor anyone else has EVER presented
ANY evidence that George, or myself, could
not hear such differences as mentioned above.

Neither you nor anyone else has EVER presented ANY
evidence that George or yourself could hear such
differences as mentioned above. Mr. John Atkinson and
_Stereophile_ want you to believe in the golden-ears
myth.

Mr. John Atkinson and _Stereophile_'s credibility:
http://www.randi.org/jr/112604yes.html#4
http://www.high-endaudio.com/RR-STEREOPHILE.html#Lies

The golden-ears myth (PDF file):
http://www.theaudiocritic.com/downloads/article_1.pdf

The myth that golden ears can hear the difference in wires:
http://www.vxm.com/21R.64.html

More evidence against the myth (PDF file):
http://bruce.coppola.name/audio/Amp_Sound.pdf

More evidence against the myth:
http://www.bostonaudiosociety.org/ba...bx_testing.htm

More evidence against the myth:
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampin...subjectv.htm#4

--124

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
[George M. Middius's abusive post deleted.] George never
could hear a difference between expensive amps, CD
players, and wires compared to their less-expensive
counterparts if lab measurements predict that the devices
should sound identical. And he never will be able to hear a
difference. His ego does not allow him to acknowledge
this. Hence his need for abusive posts. He hates it when
objectivists present evidence to smash his fantasy.

Neither you, nor anyone else has EVER presented
ANY evidence that George, or myself, could
not hear such differences as mentioned above.

Neither you nor anyone else has EVER presented ANY
evidence that George or yourself could hear such
differences as mentioned above. Mr. John Atkinson and
_Stereophile_ want you to believe in the golden-ears
myth.

We don't have to, its matter of our opinion,
and it that regard it stands on its own, as opinion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said to 4 of 12:

Neither you nor anyone else has EVER presented ANY
evidence that George or yourself could hear such
differences

We don't have to, its matter of our opinion,
and it that regard it stands on its own, as opinion.

It must be Sunday -- the lesser 'borgs are clamoring for a sermon.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
124

Default Golden-Ears Myth

Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Chocolate tastes better than vanilla--opinion.
The earth is flat--fantasy.

--124

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default preaching to the 'boir

4 of 12 tries winging it on a sermon.

Chocolate tastes better than vanilla--opinion.

No, that's a fact. You're a mixed-up little 'borg, you are.

Maybe you should place an SOS call to Brother Horace for an emergency
sermon on Sameness and the Holy Blinding Rituals. Just a suggestion. You
seem kind of lost on the pulpit.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

tubes sound better than solid state -- opinion
vinyl sounds better than cd's -- opinion

You see, the concepts of senses such as taste
and hearing are subjective, and are amnenable to different
opinions.
The concepts of measurable physical attributes
are matters of fact.

The name of this group is rec.audio.OPINION
If you want to talk about matters of fact and measurement,
there is an appropriate group for you, called rec.audio.TECH

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson

124 wrote:
Mr. John Atkinson and _Stereophile_'s credibility:
http://www.high-endaudio.com/RR-STEREOPHILE.html#Lies

You keep posting this link to poor sad Arthur Salvatore's
imaginings like they consitute some sort of "gotcha," Mr. 7.
Perhaps you would be interested in learning that a couple
of years back, when a reader like yourself brought Arthur's
rants to the attention of my boss, I got a raise!

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
124

Clyde Slick wrote:

tubes sound better than solid state -- opinion
vinyl sounds better than cd's -- opinion

No disagreement from me that these are opinions.

You see, the concepts of senses such as taste
and hearing are subjective, and are amnenable to different
opinions.
The concepts of measurable physical attributes
are matters of fact.

The name of this group is rec.audio.OPINION
If you want to talk about matters of fact and measurement,
there is an appropriate group for you, called rec.audio.TECH

And I am giving my opinion. With evidence.

--124

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

tubes sound better than solid state -- opinion
vinyl sounds better than cd's -- opinion

No disagreement from me that these are opinions.

You see, the concepts of senses such as taste
and hearing are subjective, and are amnenable to different
opinions.
The concepts of measurable physical attributes
are matters of fact.

The name of this group is rec.audio.OPINION
If you want to talk about matters of fact and measurement,
there is an appropriate group for you, called rec.audio.TECH

And I am giving my opinion. With evidence.

ok, its your opinion that it is a fact!~`

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Forwarder

Clyde Slick wrote:

"124" wrote in message
oups.com...

Clyde Slick wrote:

tubes sound better than solid state -- opinion
vinyl sounds better than cd's -- opinion

No disagreement from me that these are opinions.

You see, the concepts of senses such as taste
and hearing are subjective, and are amnenable to different
opinions.
The concepts of measurable physical attributes
are matters of fact.

The name of this group is rec.audio.OPINION
If you want to talk about matters of fact and measurement,
there is an appropriate group for you, called rec.audio.TECH

And I am giving my opinion. With evidence.

ok, its your opinion that it is a fact!~`

It's also his *opinion* that what he is "giving" is evidence.