Persona Non Grata

Default Shopping dilemma, the final chapter

I was shopping for speakers at the end of last year and I posted here
looking for recommendations. Here's the beginning of the original
post:

"I've been shopping for a new set of speakers and a receiver, an
upgrade from (virtually) nothing. This is primarily for music. The
dining and living rooms are all in one 28' x 11' space (no wall)
although I intend to set them up as part of the 16' x 11' piece. The
receiver is most likely going to end up being Denon AVR-1603. I can't
decide on the speakers. I auditioned Energy Take5+1, Klipsch Quintet
and Definitive ProCinema 60 by playing a bass-heavy and then an
ambient electronic track. Energy offers the best value while
Definitive had the best sound (to my ears). Klipsch didn't deal with
bass very well but it was auditioned in a very noisy environment so I
might give it another listen.."

The thread went on for a while and you can see the full story on
Google at http://tinyurl.com/4vefk .

Real life kept getting in the way so I put off buying speakers but I
finally got them a few months ago. I did look at Tannoy, AAD and
others cited. In the end, Best Buy's prices and availability outpaced
everyone else and I got a pair of new Athenas AS-F2 for $400 (they had
a sale). I didn't get a subwoofer or the surround sound sats, just
like y'all recommended, only a pair of good stereo speakers.

So there's that. I learned a good deal in the process and I thank you
all for steering me in the right direction.

-png