Geoley

Default Behringer MXB1002 Repair

This may be of interest to anyone that has a Behringer Eurorack
MXB1002 mixer that a fader has become defective. The #2 mono chanel
fader started to get noisy and then failed completely on my MXB1002
mixer. I emailed Behringer to see if I could get a replacement fader,
but they never answered my email. I took the unit apart and checked
the adjacent chanel fader resistance. I then checked digiKey with no
luck for a replacement. I then checked Mouser to see if they handled
Alps faders and found one that came close if not right on to the
resistance value required. The Alps part # is RS60112A600U 20Kohm "A"
taper slide potentiometer. In order to replace this pot, you must have
access to a desoldering station to remove it from the pc board. After
carefully soldering the replacement pot back on the board I
re-assembled the unit and applied power and it worked like new. I just
thought this might be of interest to someone.
Cheers

Geoley

Andy Cullen

Dear Geoley,

we are sorry to hear that you did not receive a response from our
customer support to your initial inquiry - we have searched our
inboxes but your email appears to have missed us. We do apologise for
any oversight on our part.

As you may have noticed - we no longer operate an email support in the
"traditional" sense. Among other considerations, we made the decision
to change because it had became absolutely impossible to seive through
the "spam" to get to the real customer enquiries.

However, anyone with a user issue may still contact our support via
our website http://www.behringer.com/05_support/index.cfm?lang=ENG
(click on "more" under 'online support' to procede)
For those who have not yet taken advantage of this service, it is
necessary to create an "account" before submitting your first
question. This is a "single shot" activity - once you have created an
account you will always be able to log in. We do request some
information (eg. your name, language and country of origin) - we
assure you that this information is used purely to help us process
your inquiry in the most effective way possible.

With regard to the repair of a faulty item - we discourage our users
from servicing the equipment themselves.
We are obliged to point out that this is a health and safety issue -
the service of electrical appliances must be carried out by personnel
with the appropriate qualification.
We strongly recommend sending the unit to one of our service centres,
this way you can be assured of a competent repair.
That said, should you need to obtain spare parts for Behringer
products then we can still help you.

If you submit the question "where can I order spare parts ? " to our
online support via the website you can expect a response within 24
hours. It would help us considerably if you include your own location
in the initial inquiry. If you are in a region which is serviced
directly by one of our subsidiaries (USA / Canada, the majority of
European countries, Japan or Australia) - then this is a matter for
one of our service centres - eg DBM in New York (as Mr. Savery has
kindly pointed out). Alternatively we would direct you to the
appropriate authorised distributor for Behringer products - a
comprehensive list for all countries may also be found on our website.

Best regards

Andy Cullen
Behringer Customer Support