Jim

Default Opinions on Adobe Audition and M-Audio Quattro USB

Hey all;

I'm planning to put together a little project studio for recording multi-
track synth stuff. I can live without MIDI (for a number of reasons); I just
want a solid, straightforward, multitrack system.

Based on specs alone, I think the above will do the job, but I'm not sure if
they will work well together and on my Dell Dimension 4600 (2.2 Ghz).

Any opinions?

--
Jim Johnson
\Granma\ Dave Schein II, CSO

I don't work with midi, but I do work extensively with Sony Vegas and
SoundForge, both of which have been nothing but awesome to me for all my
needs. I also use CDArchitect for final mastering of the discs for
duplication. We've recorded a lot of vocal-only stuff using this setup.

good luck

-gran
--
Dave Schein II, CSO
Printergy, Inc. - Moving a Million Documents to the Web!

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all;

I'm planning to put together a little project studio for recording multi-
track synth stuff. I can live without MIDI (for a number of reasons); I

just
want a solid, straightforward, multitrack system.

Based on specs alone, I think the above will do the job, but I'm not sure

if
they will work well together and on my Dell Dimension 4600 (2.2 Ghz).

Any opinions?

--
Jim Johnson

reddred

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all;

I'm planning to put together a little project studio for recording multi-
track synth stuff. I can live without MIDI (for a number of reasons); I

just
want a solid, straightforward, multitrack system.

Based on specs alone, I think the above will do the job, but I'm not sure

if
they will work well together and on my Dell Dimension 4600 (2.2 Ghz).

Any opinions?

A lot of people have had serious problems with the quattro, and any 4 i/o
USB device. The technical reasons for this are complicated but think 'big
water, small hose'. Get a 4 channel PCI card if you need that many i/o.

jb

Arny Krueger

Jim wrote:
Hey all;

I'm planning to put together a little project studio for recording
multi- track synth stuff. I can live without MIDI (for a number of
reasons); I just want a solid, straightforward, multitrack system.

Based on specs alone, I think the above will do the job, but I'm not
sure if they will work well together and on my Dell Dimension 4600
(2.2 Ghz).

Any opinions?

It's probably going to work. The USB audio is a far more likely source of
problems than the software. Audition works great, tremendous functionality,
right price. They just came out with Release 1.5.

However, if you are just starting out with multitracking, you might want to
start out with something very basis Audacity, which is freeware and
competent for just the basics.

Andy Peake

"reddred" wrote in message ...
"Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all;

I'm planning to put together a little project studio for recording multi-
track synth stuff. I can live without MIDI (for a number of reasons); I

just
want a solid, straightforward, multitrack system.

Based on specs alone, I think the above will do the job, but I'm not sure

if
they will work well together and on my Dell Dimension 4600 (2.2 Ghz).

Any opinions?

A lot of people have had serious problems with the quattro, and any 4 i/o
USB device. The technical reasons for this are complicated but think 'big
water, small hose'. Get a 4 channel PCI card if you need that many i/o.

jb

M-Audio has new software that fixes a lot of the problems of the
Quattro past. I owned one and had a fair number of those problems.
Their tech support has copped to the problems and a whole new
driver/software package is available via download. Also, the USB had a
tendency to have IRQ conflicts. Since your Dimension is a desktop
computer (as opposed to laptop like mine), you should be able to
reassign certain IRQ from within your BIOS if it becomes necessary.
Tech support should be able to steer you toward that if it becomes
necessary.

Jim

A lot of people have had serious problems with the quattro, and any 4 i/o
USB device. The technical reasons for this are complicated but think 'big
water, small hose'. Get a 4 channel PCI card if you need that many i/o.

Hmm - interesting. But that's the kind ofinfo I was looking for - thanks.

--
Jim Johnson

Jim

A lot of people have had serious problems with the quattro, and any 4 i/o
USB device. The technical reasons for this are complicated but think 'big
water, small hose'. Get a 4 channel PCI card if you need that many i/o.

Hmm - interesting. But that's the kind ofinfo I was looking for - thanks.

--
Jim Johnson

Delta 1010LT PCI compatible w/ Adobe Audition nil jones Pro Audio 2 May 13th 04 10:14 AM
Audition / CoolEdit NR bug - Need advice Marc Brown Pro Audio 8 March 16th 04 07:57 AM
adobe audition Freddo Pro Audio 5 October 31st 03 08:41 PM
Help with Adobe Audition burke Pro Audio 1 October 11th 03 02:38 AM
Adobe Audition - Cool Edit Pro / Cool Edit 2000 Randy Given Audio Opinions 1 July 17th 03 04:14 PM