Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Alpine DVA-9861 or look for a CDA-9855

Hi all,

I purchased an Alpine DVA-9861 head unit after I was told by the
installer/ sales guy that the new name for Alpine's MX technology was
BBE, and that this was only available in the DVD units. Also that time
correction, graphic equalizer, ipersonalize etc. was available with
this unit.

Yes, I should have done my research before I bought anything, as I
found that neither of the above are true.

I find it surprising that the ipersonalize / Bass engine pro / graphic
equalizer and time correction isn't available in any of the 2006 Alpine
HU except the top of the line DVD player. Considering the fact that I
will not be hooking up this player to watch movies, would you return
the 9861 and try to find a 9855? I will be using it exclusively to play
MP3s either on disc or my Ipod

Thanks for any thoughts
Diane