jon chaikin

Default RANE MLM82A: How Does It Compare to Mackie VLZ or Behringer UB mixers?

i need a simple mixer for taking the output of my DAW and sending it
to my monitors, while at the same time providing some decent mic pres
for tracking my bands practices.

a small Mackie or the new Behringer UB mixers seem fine. i also have
access to a Rane MLM82 for the price of the Behringer new. is the
Rane a better unit than the others, and would the mic pres in the Rane
compare with lets say a Symetrix 302 or Presonus MP20 or others in
that class?

thanks very much.

jon