Posted to rec.audio.tech
amdx amdx is offline

Default Amp ok until motor is started

I installed a subwoofer amp, at the moment I am using the high level input
on the amp. That means I'm running wires from left and right speakers to the
amp input connector. So I have the rear speakers in parallel with the sub
amp inputs.
All works fine when the ignition is turned on, but when the motor is
started one of two things happens.
1) The volume goes way down on the sub woofer.
When #1 happens the rear speaker volume is also very low.
2) or the subwoofer starts a low frequency rumble.
Once the car is started I can disconnect the subwoofer input then plug it
back in and all works well again.
What do you think could be the problem?
Thanks, Mike

Amp ok until motor is started amdx Tech 5 February 15th 08 09:25 AM
Amp ok until motor is started amdx Tech 2 February 12th 08 06:56 PM
Linux-what's the best way to get started? [email protected] Pro Audio 11 September 8th 07 11:56 AM
Getting Started News Groupie Car Audio 1 January 26th 05 07:10 PM
getting started in the biz sebastien Pro Audio 2 October 15th 03 02:56 PM