Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] ilh.cho@gmail.com is offline

Default Inspecting the stylus?

How do you inspect a stylus on a phono cartridge is in good shape?
I guess I can use some kind of magnifying glass, right?
How good the resolution of the magnifying glass should be to adequately
tell the usage/life left for a stylus? What kinds of tool do you use?

Thx

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...

** Groper alert !

How do you inspect a stylus on a phono cartridge is in good shape?
I guess I can use some kind of magnifying glass, right?
How good the resolution of the magnifying glass should be to adequately
tell the usage/life left for a stylus? What kinds of tool do you use?

** You need a good microscope.

You need to know exactly what to look for too.

This site has a few tips.

http://www.vinylengine.com/stylus.shtml

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Phil Allison wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

** Groper alert !

How do you inspect a stylus on a phono cartridge is in good shape?
I guess I can use some kind of magnifying glass, right?
How good the resolution of the magnifying glass should be to adequately
tell the usage/life left for a stylus? What kinds of tool do you use?

** You need a good microscope.

You need to know exactly what to look for too.

This site has a few tips.

http://www.vinylengine.com/stylus.shtml

Tips...ha ha, I get it.

That was a pun, no? g

jak

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"jakdedert"

This site has a few tips.

http://www.vinylengine.com/stylus.shtml

Tips...ha ha, I get it.

That was a pun, no? g

** Well, I was trying to avoid very obvious howlers like:

This site has some * good points * ....

This site will put you on the * right track * ....

This site will get you in * the groove * .....

Et alia ..... ad nauseam ......

....... Phil