Default Optimus Pro LX8 / SPL

Hello, I know that this is a long shot, but it seems there are a
lot of knowlegable people here so I thought I would try. I have a pair

of LX8's and I want to replace the driver in them. My problem is that
I don't want the new drivers volume level to overpower the linaum
tweeters. I Have done some research and found that when replacing
drivers you need to stay within +/- 3db of sound pressure level or
(spl). I have every other spec for this speaker but this one, anyone
that can help in this regard would be extreamly gratefull! Also to I
can find no listing for the Optimus company anywhere, tried to cross
refrence Tandy, and Texas Insturments. Did however find the model
number of the actull speaker to be replaced #SP90007. If anyone has
any info that might be helpfull, even remotely Please advise!

GregS

In article .com, wrote:
Hello, I know that this is a long shot, but it seems there are a
lot of knowlegable people here so I thought I would try. I have a pair

of LX8's and I want to replace the driver in them. My problem is that
I don't want the new drivers volume level to overpower the linaum
tweeters. I Have done some research and found that when replacing
drivers you need to stay within +/- 3db of sound pressure level or
(spl). I have every other spec for this speaker but this one, anyone
that can help in this regard would be extreamly gratefull! Also to I
can find no listing for the Optimus company anywhere, tried to cross
refrence Tandy, and Texas Insturments. Did however find the model
number of the actull speaker to be replaced #SP90007. If anyone has
any info that might be helpfull, even remotely Please advise!

I would first contact Radio Shack to see if they have a replacement driver.
I don't know if Linaeum company still exists.
Looking over the internet, it appears a Peerless woofer is used, and may have also been used
in Linaeum's products.

If the tweeter has an adjustment, you might get by with many replacements, else
it is critical to stay close to the sensitivity. There are many other things
to consider, but some replacement drivers from Parts Express or
from Madisound might work. Cabinet demensions and type are
critical to opperation.

Why do you want to replace driver. Does driver still function. One reason
I ask is to get the impedance.

greg

Greg, thank you for your help. The driver does still function, and it
is 8ohm. The biggest reason I would like to replace the woofer is that
it has a muddy sound that dosent hold up with my newer lineaum center
channel which uses kevlar drivers. I have a request in with peerless,
and they have told me that they will see what they can do. I have been
through all of the Radio Shack stuff right down to the most obscure and
still no dice! I know of many of the crossover fixes for the lx8's,
however I find no problem with the tweeter only the inferior
performance of the woofer! The cabinet dimesions are roughly 18" 12"
14". And your right I think parts express will be my choice when and
if I can find the spl rating I need. Any further info is always
appreciated!

Greg I am wondering If you can point me in the direction of such a
software program, I used the one on the Parts Express but it seemed
pretty basic. If there is somthing out there a little more in depth I
that would help a lot. PS the cabinets are ported, and again thanks
for your help.

Optimus Pro X-5 Cast Alum. Speakers Ken Drescher Marketplace 6 March 10th 04 08:56 PM
My Review of the Radio Shack Optimus PRO XVI AAA/MK7 Robert Morein Audio Opinions 5 February 11th 04 08:28 AM
Optimus TM-155 AM/FM Mini Tuner, $39 Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 October 14th 03 12:37 PM
Optimus LX5 mods. Stephen Judge Tech 3 August 7th 03 05:11 AM
FS: Optimus STA-20 AM/FM Stereo Receiver Luke Perry Marketplace 0 July 20th 03 02:11 AM