Corby

Default EPX2 grounding location???

Hi all,

I posted a couple days ago with regards to alternator whine. After lots and
lots of troubleshooting, I finally pulled out my multimeter and tested all
my grounds. It turns out that even though my amp grounds were "looking"
good they were not! I had .5 ohm resistance between the chassis of the car
and the ground wire(I think that is the correct way to say it)! I modified
the ground and hooked up just my amps and the WHINE IS GONE!!!! However...
= ( I have a Rockford Fosgate symmetry EPX2 as my xover and EQ which is
grounded to the same location as the amps. In theory, this is now an
excellent ground, but when I hook up my symmetry I get alternator whine
still. My question is this... My ground cable for the symmetry is
almost 3-4 feet long. There is very little current going through it BUT
the fact that the wire is long and only 14 gauge or so, will this likely be
causing the noise? If so. why?

Thanks for the replies before!

- Corby