Kevin D.

Default Thoughts about XM radio

I love car stereo equipment. I own everything possible a car stereo
can have. The only thing that I do not have is XM radio. I am
thinking of purchasing XM radio, but I would like to get some adivse
and thoughts about it. Currently I have

Aplpine CD deck (XM ready)
MB Quart Speakers
2 Rockford Fosgate amps
2 JL Audio Sub Woofer 10W3
2 XO Vision TV Screen (located in Visors)

What do you guys think about my set up in my car? If you can give some
feed back of XM radio, thanks.

You can respond to this at
D Ray

I love car stereo equipment. I own everything possible a car stereo
can have. The only thing that I do not have is XM radio. I am
thinking of purchasing XM radio, but I would like to get some adivse
and thoughts about it. Currently I have

Aplpine CD deck (XM ready)
MB Quart Speakers
2 Rockford Fosgate amps
2 JL Audio Sub Woofer 10W3
2 XO Vision TV Screen (located in Visors)

What do you guys think about my set up in my car? If you can give some
feed back of XM radio, thanks.

You can respond to this at

Given what you've spent why on earth would you NOT have XM? Just be
forewarned: XM, once you've had it, cannot be done without.
Hallofwiffleball

Yes I agree,
last year I had sirius. but i've bought a new car and have left that stereo and
the cute doggy logo behind.
I spent $1400 ripping out the whole factory stereo in my new car and put in XM
now that I realized XM also offers commercial free music.
I like the Cinemagic station. Movie scores, themesongs and movie clips.
What I don't like is that my XM stereo does not have text scroll. Alpine I
think offers it, but i went the Pioneer route. I can't understand why they
start the name of the song in the middle of the display and not all the way on
the left side so the whole name could fit
D Ray

I spent $1400 ripping out the whole factory stereo in my new car and put in XM
now that I realized XM also offers commercial free music.
I like the Cinemagic station. Movie scores, themesongs and movie clips.
What I don't like is that my XM stereo does not have text scroll. Alpine I
think offers it, but i went the Pioneer route. I can't understand why they
start the name of the song in the middle of the display and not all the way on
the left side so the whole name could fit

It is my understanding the length of the titles is being expanded.
However, I've heard one of the problems is they are all actually in
the database with limited lengths, so they're having to be updated. 2
million tracks, that takes time. I don't know how much backward
compatibility there will be with hardware, however (if any).
Hallofwiffleball

Thanks for the info. But that doesn't make sense...so
the song
I don't wanna live without your love

is entered in their database as
i don't wanna live?
that would be confusing

i think they have the entire titles but the radio only shows the first 14
letters. For some reason they chose not to put in text scroll on the Pioneer
Tuner