Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default So much for "the will of the people" 2pid

The results of a Dallas City Council-sponsored poll to rename
Industrial Boulevard were released late Friday and, by an overwhelming
margin, voters chose César Chávez Boulevard.

And according to an advance briefing released along with the poll
results Friday, the staff appears ready to urge the council to select
a name other than César Chávez.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.414e3f3.html

So whaddya 'think', 2pid?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 8 Iun, 07:47, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
The results of a Dallas City Council-sponsored poll to rename
Industrial Boulevard were released late Friday and, by an overwhelming
margin, voters chose César Chávez Boulevard.

And according to an advance briefing released along with the poll
results Friday, the staff appears ready to urge the council to select
a name other than César Chávez.

"At least" its not for Hugo Chavez
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jun 8, 9:37*am, "ScottW" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in ...
The results of a Dallas City Council-sponsored poll to rename
Industrial Boulevard were released late Friday and, by an overwhelming
margin, voters chose César Chávez Boulevard.

And according to an advance briefing released along with the poll
results Friday, the staff appears ready to urge the council to select
a name other than César Chávez.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ws/stories/060...

So whaddya 'think', 2pid?
I think the council members are nervous because they know
that stupid "internet" poll doesn't reflect the will of the people.
It reflects the activists who have an interest.

Kind of like gay marriage, I suppose.

Most people couldn't care less what you name a street
unless you start doing something stupid like this.

What percentage of Dallas voters is 20,000?

What percentage of people vote on ballot initiatives? What percent of
California voters turn out? Is 54% of 56% a true majority?

The council is nervous because the will of the people may really
be heard when their seats come up for reelection.

Not really. The will of those who bother to vote will be heard, just
like it was here.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Cesar Chavez Got One Thing Right

Cesar Chavez got one thing right-he understood immigration needed
controlling.

He was the most effective border patrol auxillary leader we ever had,
better than the Minutemen.

When he organized his UFW, immediately growers simply imported more
illegals to undercut the ones here, many of which were then actually
legal. He put the kibosh on that, understanding that to drive up the price
you must throttle supply.

http://www.amconmag.com/2006/2006_02_27/article.html

Read it for yourself.

--