Robbie Caldwell

Default Removing 03 Civic Si Door Panels

I want to replace the speakers in this car and I'm curious as to how to
remove the door panels and the rear speaker panels as well. There aren't
any screws just clips, but the problem is where said clips are located. Do
I have to remove the entire door panels to get access to the front speakers
and tweeters? Can I just pop the rear speaker covers off or do I have to
take everything off on them?

Thanks,
Robbie

Kevin McMurtrie

In article . net,
"Robbie Caldwell" wrote:

I want to replace the speakers in this car and I'm curious as to how to
remove the door panels and the rear speaker panels as well. There aren't
any screws just clips, but the problem is where said clips are located. Do
I have to remove the entire door panels to get access to the front speakers
and tweeters? Can I just pop the rear speaker covers off or do I have to
take everything off on them?

Thanks,
Robbie

Get the repair manual. Guessing what to pull off isn't a great idea.
The price markups on some of those plastic components is insulting.
Ocelaris

Check EPHatch.com there is a good tutorial for the 02+ SI. To remove
the door panels, you have to take apart the handle in a couple places
and take out some screws, then pop the bottom clips (lining the bottom
edge) and then lift up. Also the tweeter just pops out, 3 clips I
think, may have to pop that out before taking the door off. The rears,
you can just pop the grill off with a screw driver to get access to
them.

"Robbie Caldwell" wrote in message link.net...
I want to replace the speakers in this car and I'm curious as to how to
remove the door panels and the rear speaker panels as well. There aren't
any screws just clips, but the problem is where said clips are located. Do
I have to remove the entire door panels to get access to the front speakers
and tweeters? Can I just pop the rear speaker covers off or do I have to
take everything off on them?

Thanks,
Robbie

Robbie Caldwell

Thank you so much for your help. This was just what I needed. BTW your
Civic Si looks pretty sweet.

Thanks again,
Robbie

"Ocelaris" wrote in message
om...
[...]

2002/2003 Civic Si CD unit Installation C.Clark Car Audio 2 October 7th 03 10:24 PM
sub for civic michael hardie Car Audio 2 September 30th 03 08:34 PM
Weird static right-front speaker only: factory radio: 93 Civic (Very loud at times!) Scott Mumford Car Audio 10 September 24th 03 06:33 PM
honda civic 94 speaker problem gavincha Car Audio 8 September 15th 03 05:31 PM
Removing Panasonic r525euc car stereo kipp b Car Audio 0 August 5th 03 04:22 AM